Apply for the 2023-2024 RAPID Program Now
Advance your faculty career in infectious diseases with research training and mentorship from world renowned researchers.
RAPID will employ
evidence-based strategies to enhance professional development and effective mentorship of participants by:
- developing a Faculty Research and Career Advancement Plan (RCAP) to help mentees identify short- and long-term research and career goals
- engaging participant mentees in effective mentorship with a mentoring team consisting of a UC San Diego research faculty mentor, a UC San Diego career faculty mentor, and a mentor from the trainee's home institution
- improving participant mentees' knowledge and skills in areas important for research success in infectious diseases
RAPID will enhance self-efficacy in research knowledge, skills, and strategies to successfully obtain NIH or equivalent grant funding by:
- immersing participants in effective strategies to develop research program plans
- facilitating the development of skills in writing effective grant proposals and manuscripts
- providing important tips on navigating pathways for academic advancement as well as submission and review of both journal articles and grants
Ready to Apply?
Application deadline for the 2023-2024 RAPID Program:
February 28, 2023
Eligible candidates from across the country are encouraged to complete the application using the link below. If you have any questions, reach us at hsfacaffairs.ucsd.edu.
Show additional content areas below