Advance your faculty career in infectious diseases with research training and mentorship from world renowned researchers.
RAPID will employ evidence-based strategies to enhance professional development and effective mentorship of participants by:
- developing a Faculty Research and Career Advancement Plan (RCAP) to help mentees identify short- and long-term research and career goals
- engaging participant mentees in effective mentorship with a mentoring team consisting of a UC San Diego research faculty mentor, a UC San Diego career faculty mentor, and a mentor from the trainee's home institution
- improving participant mentees' knowledge and skills in areas important for research success in infectious diseases
RAPID will enhance self-efficacy in research knowledge, skills, and strategies to successfully obtain NIH or equivalent grant funding by:
- immersing participants in effective strategies to develop research program plans
- facilitating the development of skills in writing effective grant proposals and manuscripts
- providing important tips on navigating pathways for academic advancement as well as submission and review of both journal articles and grants
Ready to Apply?
Application Deadline for the 2020-2021 RAPID Program:
March 1, 2021
Eligible candidates from across the country are encouraged to complete the application using the link below. APPLY NOW!
Show additional content areas below