Advancing the Diversity of Neuroscientists in the Biomedical Research Workforce
Applications for the LAUNCH program are now being accepted! The extended deadline to apply is
March 17, 2024. See program information below, and review "Why Apply," "Expectations," "Eligibility", and "Research Tracks & Mentors" pages for additional information.
Eligable candidates from across the country are encouraged to complete the application using the link below. If you have any questions, reach us at email@example.com.
UC San Diego Leading the Advancement of Underrepresented Neuroscientists for Change (LAUNCH) program is only one of three national faculty programs sponsored by the
National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS). The goal of the program is to provide strong mentorship, professional development, and research training to improve the long-term success of early career faculty and postdoctoral scholars
transitioning to a faculty position from groups that will broaden the demographics of biomedical workforce in neurosciences. The program is open to junior faculty nationwide. Please note that eligible candidates must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
Participants will choose one of three research tracks to be mentored and trained:
- Alzheimer's Disease and Related Dementias
- Cellular, Developmental, and Molecular Neuroscience
Computational and Systems Neuroscience
Participation in the LAUNCH Program requires a one-year commitment in program participation with the following tentative timeline (with all travel expenses paid):
- Active participation in the Grant Writing Course: The course will tentatively start remotely prior to the in-person Summer Institute I with weekly assignments due in June 2024
- Attendance at the in-person Summer Institute I held July 14 -16, 2024 in La Jolla, CA (please note the updated Summer Institute I dates)
- Attendance at the in-person in La Jolla or remote Mid-year Meeting in January 2025
- Attendance at the in-person Summer Institute II in July 2025 in La Jolla
Explore LAUNCH at UC San Diego
Ready to Apply? The extended application deadline for the 2024-2025 LAUNCH Program:
March 17, 2024
Eligible candidates from across the country are encouraged to complete the application using the link below. If you have any questions, reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.