Application and Eligibility
We are currently accepting applications for the UC San Diego FIRST Program.
Candidates must have an MD or equivalent, DO, MD/PhD, PhD, PharmD, DrPH or other doctoral degrees in health-related disciplines.
not have held a prior tenure-track assistant professor position.
Please apply by December 4, 2022 (11:59pm Pacific Time) to be considered for the next review date. Applications will continue to be accepted through October 2023.
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter (1 page)
- Statement of Research - No more than 2 pages
- Statement of Teaching - No more than 2 pages
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - no more than 2 pages
- A personal diversity and leadership statement should summarize a candidate's engagement and contributions to inclusion of underrepresented voices in higher education, healthcare or society and underline any leadership activities undertaken inside or outside the university. Contribution to diversity statements could include an attention to diverse learning needs, engaging learning fields of diverse communities, pedagogical methods that address learning needs of students from diverse backgrounds, an awareness of inequities in education, research, or clinical environment. A track record of specific activities that address and mitigate inequities, follow-up of positive impact on under-represented students, and a specific plan of activities and follow-up at UCSD.
- Reference requirements: 3-5 required (contact information only)
Show additional content areas below