Application and Eligibility
The application cycle for the UC San Diego FIRST Program is open.
First review date is October 1, 2023.
Candidates must have an MD or equivalent, DO, MD/PhD, PhD, PharmD, DrPH or other doctoral degrees in health-related disciplines.
not have held a prior
tenure-track assistant professor position or received an NIH R01 or R01-equivalent award.
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter (1 page)
- Statement of Research - No more than 3 pages
- Statement of Teaching - No more than 2 pages
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - no more than 2 pages
- A personal diversity and leadership statement should summarize a candidate's engagement and contributions to inclusion of underrepresented voices in higher education, healthcare or society and underline any leadership activities undertaken inside or outside the university. Contribution to diversity statements could include an attention to diverse learning needs, engaging learning fields of diverse communities, pedagogical methods that address learning needs of students from diverse backgrounds, an awareness of inequities in education, research, or clinical environment. A track record of specific activities that address and mitigate inequities, follow-up of positive impact on under-represented students, and a specific plan of activities and follow-up at UCSD.
Reference requirements: 3-5 required (contact information only)
Show additional content areas below