1. If I already hold an assistant professor position, am I eligible to apply?
You are eligible to apply if you hold a non-tenure track assistant professor position. Those in tenure-track assistant professor positions are
not eligible to apply.
2. Does having a career development award, such as a K99, make me ineligible to apply?
No, having a career development award does not make a candidate ineligible.
3. What are considered R01-equivalent grants?
"R01-equivalent grants are defined as activity codes DP1, DP2, DP5, R01, R37, R56, RF1, RL1, U01 and R35 from select NIGMS and NHGRI program announcements (PAs)." Source:
4. Am I eligible to apply if I am or have been an MPI (multiple principal investigator) on an R01?
not eligible to apply if you have been awarded an R01 as a PI or MPI.
5. Does my scientific research need to be in the area of diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI)?
To be eligible to apply, your scientific research area must be related to the field of cancer, cardiovascular sciences, immunology and infectious diseases, or neurosciences.
6. Am I required to be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident to apply?
Faculty offer of appointment is contingent upon documentation of employment eligibility in compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986. Any hired employee will need to provide proof of eligibility to work in the U.S. through completion of a I-9 form and submitting certifications of citizenship or work authorization.