While the NCLAM application process is competitive, we strive to create a class that is balanced with clinical and research faculty from various departments and Schools within Health Sciences.
Women and underrepresented (UR) faculty are encouraged to apply.
The NCLAM application process starts in early September and ends in December. The application is an online form which requires a copy of the applicants' current CV. Please see the application timeline:
- Save-the-date is sent out to eligible junior faculty in September
- Online application opens early October
- Online application closes late October
- NCLAM Leadership Council reviews applications in early to mid November
- Notifications of acceptance sent to applicants in December
NCLAM is a unique UC San Diego faculty development program created to support junior Health Sciences faculty through the initial years of adjustment after they choose academic careers. The requirements for participation are:
- A salaried faculty with an appointment of 50% or greater
- Assistant Professor in a UC Faculty Series Step I - IV
- Available for Friday morning sessions January – June, 2024
- Promotion file not scheduled for review or submission before July 2024
Class of 2024 Schedule
Twenty-five cohorts of junior faculty have graduated from the NCLAM program. Each class follows the same schedule. The syllabus is shared with the participants at the first session. The Class of 2024 schedule is:
- The NCLAM workshops begin in late January and end in early June 2024
- Each workshop is confirmed for Friday mornings (8:30am - 11:30am)
- The individual participants work on a Professional Development Contract from May to September, 2024
- The final sessions are confirmed for September 2024. Each junior faculty member will give a 10 - 15 minute presentation on the outcome of their Professional Development Contract.
Show additional content areas below