Skip to main content


State Licensing

California (Certificate of Medical Education)

If you are starting residency in California, speak to your residency coordinator about how to submit your application to the board. We use the California Medical Boards DOCS system to upload your Diploma, Official Transcripts, FORM MED, and/or Letter of Explanation of any breaks in your education. The DOCS system requires an active application to be filed in order to upload the documents. Until the California Medical Board has an open application on file for you, we will not be able to upload those documents.

If you are returning to California and need to re-apply for your state license, please follow the below instructions, as well.

Send in an email with either your file # or application # so that we can better locate your application within the DOCS system. If you have not done so, email your FORM MED to — applications are processed in the order that FORM MEDS are received. We will automatically upload a copy of your diploma and transcripts into DOCS.

Please be sure to include your name, DOB, and PID (if known) in your request.

Out of State Licensing

If you are starting residency out of state or applying for a license out of state, please speak to your employer or residency coordinator about what is needed to complete your application.

Send an email to with any forms that need to be completed, request for documents, etc. Please be sure to include your name, DOB, PID (if known) and destination to send the documents to.

Request for Student Records

As a right under FERPA and University Privacy Policy, students can inspect and review their student records maintained by the University. You can request official documents through Parchment or review your records in TritonLink. Should you have any questions or concerns about your records, please email


Official transcripts can be ordered through Parchment. Through Parchment, you have the ability to send your transcripts to any email or mailing address of your choosing. Request Transcript Instructions.

If you have any questions or concerns about ordering your transcripts, contact

Unofficial transcripts can be viewed in TritonLink under Academic History.

Verification Letters

The School of Medicine Registrar is the official custodian of student academic records and can provide an official verification letter upon request. Letters can be requested by emailing Include your Name, PID (if known) and DOB.

Medical School Verifications

All medical school degree verifications can be sent to We are only able to verify completion of degree.

Any post-graduate training verifications (residency, fellowship or internships) should be sent to the department that the student completed the program with.

Credentials Verification is handled at the program level. Visit your residency or fellowship program website for more information.

Miscellaneous Requests

All general questions or inquires can be directed to