The UCSD Simulation and Training Center is a state-of-the-art simulation facility utilized by numerous groups ranging from high school students to senior medical faculty to replicate real-life situations, master procedures, or safely train. Learning the intricacies of running a simulation center is complex. It involves expertise in both the principles of simulation education and business acumen. Our simulation fellowship will guide fellows through a one-year curriculum providing advanced knowledge in medical simulation administration, design, research, and education. This goal will be delivered through one-on-one mentoring, class coursework, and hands-on training.
- Must have completed a residency or fellowship in anesthesia, emergency medicine, or pediatric emergency medicine.
- Open to both foreign medical graduates and US-trained graduates.
- US fellow salaries are funded through 0.5 FTE clinical requirements within their department.
- Foreign applicants are funded through thorough yearly tuition. Details will be provided upon application.
- Optimize scenario design and debriefing techniques
- Develop expertise in high- and low-fidelity simulation
- Develop, pilot, implement and refine simulation-based medical education scenarios for varied learner groups
- Acquire proficiency in simulation facilitation
- Gain skills implementing simulations across specialties and stages of learners in medicine
- Strengthen skills in clinical research techniques and data analysis through a formalized research training program
- Design and carry out simulation research, quality, or educational project with tangible scholarly output
- Conduct operations analysis of a large volume simulation center
- Attend leadership and operations training through the Rady School of Management
Unique Aspects of UCSD Simulation and Training Center
- Opportunities with 3D printing projects
- Augmented reality task trainer development
- Simulator and task trainer creation and the patent process
- Telesimulation of procedural skill master learning
- Ashish Shah MD, MEd. Fellowship Director
- Preetham Suresh MD. Simulation and Training Center Director
How to apply:
Please complete the RedCAP Application. For more information, send an email to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!