The Simulation Training Center is located in the lowest level of the Medical Education and Telemedicine Building (MET) on the UCSD School of Medicine campus.
View this virtual tour to familiarize yourself with how to get to the Simulation Center from outside of the MET:
Obtain directions to our facility on Google Maps and most GPS applications by using "UCSD Medical Education and Telemedicine Building" as a destination. Do NOT use 9500 Gilman which is the generic address for the campus.
Rideshare drop off
UCSD Medical Education and Telemedicine Building as destination. Do
NOT choose any destination with a 9500 Gilman address.
Parking / Transportation Options
Purchase a parking permit
from one of the parking kiosks.
- Visitor Premium (VP) Permit:
$3 per hour or
$30 a day
- Parking is free on the weekends except where posted "Permit required 24 hours a day, 7 days a week".
If you have a parking spot that has been reserved by the Simulation Training Center, then you will receive additional instructions about the location of your spot.
- In the Google map above, there are A and B parking spots in the parking lots designated with flags B, C, and D.
Note: Parking availability is very limited.
extensive map of parking options is available.
- Parking is often hard to find, so strongly consider using the Shuttle Service.
- Hillcrest / Campus Shuttle stops include Thornton Hospital, La Jolla and UC San Diego Medical Center, Hillcrest.
Walking Directions from Parking Structures
When at the MET Building
From the MET Courtyard, take the stairs or elevator to the Lower Level (LL).
Use the stairs (shown here) or the elevators to access the Lower Level (LL) rooms.
Refer to the touch screen kiosk near the LL elevator doors to find your assigned room.
On the kiosk, click the "Today's Events" tab to see that days assigned rooms and activities.
The MET Lower Level Directory displays today's events and room locations.
<iframe height="480" src="https://www.google.com/maps/d/embed?mid=1ObVNd4AJHp_dwJARgyvo1A9aWkQ" width="640"></iframe>