- Attendance and participation in problem sessions and team-based learning sessions because these sessions depend on student interaction and peer teaching. Lectures are interactive and lecture attendance is strongly recommended.
- Completion of each assessment at its scheduled time (unless an alternative has been arranged with the course director).
- Satisfactory progress toward achieving the course learning objectives for all three threads, which can be demonstrated for each thread by either:
- Accumulating sufficient points on the combined thread quizzes and exam to meet or exceed the passline for that thread
- Arranging a remediation assignment for the thread with the instructor and satisfactorily completing the assignment by its deadline.
4. Completion of an online course evaluation
Entering medical students who participate in the Core Topics in
Biomedical Sciences (CTBS) course are not officially enrolled in medical
school and therefore unable to receive SOM course credit. However, the course is
administered through UC San Diego's Summer Sessions office, and students
receive a grade on their undergraduate transcripts for the course with elective credit for passing. Pharmacy students attending CTBS prior to their second year receive a grade on their School of Pharmacy transcript with 9 units of elective
credit for passing.