|1||Pick up your UCSD SOM issued iPad Air and Apple Pencil from the UCSD Bookstore.|
|2||Ensure you have access to a reliable wireless internet connection.|
|3||Turn on your iPad.|
|4||Connect to the internet (wireless).|
"UCSD Protected" is the preferred network while on campus.
Setup the iPad initialization steps. Log in with your AppleID (or create one). |
NOTE: Do not restore from iCloud backup or other personal devices.
Don't Transfer Apps & Data.
|6||Complete and submit the iPad Usage Policy Form, found on the Canvas Class page under the heading: iPad Learning Initiative.|
|7||Within 1-2 business days after submission of the iPad Usage Policy Form, the SOM-specific apps and iBooks should download automatically. Usually, the download process takes about 2-4 hours.|
Please do NOT delete these apps:
- Complete Anatomy 2021 - X-DEP-Med School
- Epic Canto - X-DEP-Med School
- Epocrates - X-DEP-Med School
- Headspace: Meditation & Sleep - X-DEP-MedSchool
- Kahoot! Play & Create Quizzes - X-DEP-Med School
- MedHub - X-DEP-Med School
- Microsoft Outlook - X-DEP-Med School
- Notability - X-DEP-Med School
- Poll Everywhere - X-DEP-Med School
- Read by QxMD - X-DEP-Med School
- UC San Diego - X-DEP-Med School
- UpToDate - X-DEP-Med School
- ZOOM Cloud Meetings - X-DEP-Med School
|8||From your Canvas class page under the heading iPad Learning Initiative, watch the
Apps Tutorial and Best Practices videos and review the FAQs.
|9||If you already set up your new device but need to start over, then: Log out of your iCloud account on the iPad; Turn off FindMy iPad; and Follow the steps for
How to reset the iPad.|
|10||Optional recommended apps to install on your iPad include: Canvas Student; and Examplify.|
All apps are available from the Apple Store.