Dr. Woods received his BS (medical sciences) in 1972 and his MD in 1974 from the University of California, San Francisco. In 1979, he received his BA (biochemistry) from UC San Diego. He is board certified in internal medicine and rheumatology.
Dr. Woods passed away on September 30, 2012. Read memorial.
- The development and exploitation of a powerful and broadly applicable method for the study of protein dynamics and structure
- Enhanced peptide amide hydrogen deuterium exchange mass spectrometry (DXMS)
- Wilderman, P. R., Shah, M. B., Liu, T., Li, S., Hsu, S., Roberts, A. G., Goodlett, D. R., Zhang, Q., Woods, V. L., Jr., Stout, C. D., and J.R. Halpert. 2010. Plasticity of cytochrome P450 2B4 as investigated by hydrogen-deuterium exchange mass spectrometry and X-ray crystallography, J Biol Chem 285, 38602-38611.
- Sheerin, D.J., Buchanan, J., Kirk, C., Harvey, D., Sun, X., Spagnuolo, J., Li, S., Liu, T., Woods, V.A., Foster, T., Jones, W.T., and J. Rakonjac. 2011. Inter-and intra-molecular interactions of Arabidosis thaliana DELLA protein RGL1. Biochem. J. In Press.
- Stanford, S. M., Krishnamurthy, D., Falk, M. D., Messina, R., Debnath, B., Li, S., Liu, T., Kazemi, R., Dahl, R., He, Y., Yu, X., Chan, A. C., Zhang, Z. Y., Barrios, A. M., Woods, V. L., Neamati, N., and N. Bottini. 2011. Discovery of a Novel Series of Inhibitors of Lymphoid Tyrosine Phosphatase with Activity in Human T Cells, J Med Chem. In Press.
Siu, K. K., Asmus, K., Zhang, A. N., Horvatin, C., Li, S., Liu, T., Moffatt, B., Woods, V. L., Jr., and P.L. Howell. 2011.
- Mechanism of substrate specificity in 5'-methylthioadenosine/S-adenosylhomocysteine nucleosidases, J Struct Biol 173, 86-98. (V.Woods Co-Corresponding Author).
- Lee, J.H., Li, S., Liu, T., Hsu, S., Kim, C., Woods, V.L. Jr., and D.A. Casteel. 2011. The amino terminus of cGMP-dependent protein kinase I increases the dynamics of the protein’s cGMP-binding pockets. Int J Mass Spect In Press (V.Woods Co-Corresponding Author).
More Woods Publications via PubMed