Think. Act. Impact.
In a world with constantly shrinking borders, global health is a growing concern. The University of California, San Diego is making an international impact with research and health care programs around the globe that fight diseases such as HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, and malaria.
The mission of the UC San Diego Global Health Institute is to facilitate research, education and public-private partnerships across diverse disciplines to address global health challenges in the 21st century, and to serve as a coordinating body for training programs, service and global health-related curricula.
The Global Health Institute's themes of focus:
Global Infectious Diseases
Global Health Technologies
Global Mental Health
- Global Migrant/Refugee Health
Global Health News and Events
Click facebook above for weekly updates on global health news and opportunities
• 2021 UC Global Health Day creative expressions contest winners: video, photography, & poetry
• This year's UC Global Health Day is on April 24, 2021 from 10-12:30pm PDT
• 3/23/21 7am The TASET project presented at a session during the UTMB Health 4th Annual Conference on Migration and Health
• UCSD GHI cosponsored the UTMB Health 4th Annual Conference on Migration and Health, March 2021
• 12/3 5-6pm Diversity in Medicine Lecture Series with Dr. Eliseo J. Perez-Stable
• GLF Live with Jonna Mazet
•Virtual Summit 9/24/20 9am-1pm, Disproportionate Impact of COVID-19 on Refugee and Immigrant Communities hosted by the Northern Virginia Coalition for Refugee Wellbeing
• Behrouz Boochani Just Wants to Be Free, by Megan Stack
• Public health and medical experts write letter urging DHS Secretary Wolf and Attorney General Barr to deny the dangerous rule proposed July 9th 2020
• The Illusion of Inclusion- The "All of Us" Research Program and Indigenous Peoples' DNA, by Dr. Keolu Fox
• Anti-racism statement by the UN Human Rights Office of the High Commissioner, June 2020
• CCIS event by Dr. Al-Rousan 6/8/20 12-1:30pm: Refugees must not be left behind in the global COVID response: Public health perspectives, register here
•Webinar 5/6/20, 8-10am: Structural Competency During COVID-19 Part 3: Global Responses
• GHI collaborations January 2020: UNHCR meeting to enhance health screening training for providers working at the border