Think. Act. Impact.
In a world with constantly shrinking borders, global health is a growing concern. The University of California, San Diego is making an international impact with research and health care programs around the globe that fight diseases such as HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, and malaria.
The mission of the UC San Diego Global Health Institute is to facilitate research, education and public-private partnerships across diverse disciplines to address global health challenges in the 21st century, and to serve as a coordinating body for training programs, service and global health-related curricula.
The Global Health Institute's themes of focus:
Global Infectious Diseases
Global Health Technologies
Global Mental Health
- Global Migrant/Refugee Health
Global Health News and Events
• Anti-racism statement by the UN Human Rights Office of the High Commissioner, June 2020
• GHI collaborations June 2020: UNHCR border health meeting
• CCIS event by Dr. Al-Rousan 6/8/20 12-1:30pm: Refugees must not be left behind in the global COVID response: Public health perspectives, register here
•Webinar 5/6/20, 8-10am: Structural Competency During COVID-19 Part 3: Global Responses
• GHI collaborations January 2020: UNHCR meeting to enhance health screening training for providers working at the border.