Visual Field Reading Center
VisFACT Visual Field Reading Center
Who We Are
The Visual Field Assessment Center (VisFACT), a visual field reading center, offers a wide variety of services in support of clinical research. Our highly skilled researchers and staff are expertly trained in several types of visual field testing and analysis. Our extensive experience includes collaboration with pharmaceutical companies, other universities, research centers, and clinics in the United States and around the world.
What We Do
Our areas of expertise include, but are not limited to, the Humphrey Field Analyzer and Frequency Doubling Technology Perimetry. We often work directly with the manufacturers and engineers of our visual field equipment and related software.
VisFACT offers a variety of services to meet study-specific needs. Dr. Bowd and the VisFACT team will work with the study sponsor to provide the optimum complement of services to ensure successful data extraction, management, and quality of visual fields.
- Assist in the development of visual field protocols
- Develop and maintain data collection forms and study documents
- Provide study-specific manual of procedures
- Provide protocols and training for electronic transfer of visual fields between sites and sponsors.
- Provide study-specific information to study manufacturers to assist in upgrading or standardizing instruments across sites
Training and Certification
- Training of study personnel
- Certification of study personnel
- Review visual fields for quality and adherence to protocol
- Provide quality control feedback to study centers
- Request repeated testing or data corrections as needed to ensure complete and accurate data
- Test and pre-approve all instrument hardware and software upgrades utilized
- FDA, HIPAA and IRB compliant data handling
- Study-specific visual field quality and protocol adherence assessment
- In-house IT /computer programming specialists available to create and maintain secure databases and provide support for all study needs
- Efficient electronic transfer of visual fields and test results
Processing and Analysis
- Review visual fields for specific diagnoses and inclusion/exclusion criteria
- Provide progression analysis
- Provide statistical analysis
- Other Services
- Contact Dr. Bowd to discuss services not listed above
- A companion reading center, the IDEA Center, is available to provide similar services for photographic and imaging data.
Page Content Two
Reading Center Studies
VisFACT has provided reading center services for the following studies:
Sponsored by National Eye Institute:
- Diagnostic Innovations in Glaucoma Study (DIGS) (1995-2016)
- Diagnostic Innovations in Glaucoma: Clinical Electrophysiology (2007-2009)
- African Descent and Glaucoma Evaluation Study (ADAGES) (2002-2016)
- Medical Advice from Glaucoma Informatics (MAGI) (2002-2007)
- Predicting and Detecting Glaucomatous Progression Using Pattern Recognition (2012-2016)
Sponsored by Catalyst Pharmaceutical Partners (2010-2013)
- Vigabatrin for Treatment of Cocaine Dependence: A Phase II Study. Protocol Number CPP-01005.
- Vigabatrin for Treatment of Cocaine Dependence: A Phase II Study. Protocol Number CPP-01004.
- Vigabatrin for Treatment of Methamphetamine Dependence:
- A Phase II Study. Number CPP-02001.
Reading Center Personnel
Linda Zangwill, PhD; Director, IDEA Center
Christopher Bowd, PhD; Director, VisFACT
Keri Dirkes, MPH; Supervisor, IDEA Center/ VisFACT
Maria Hunsicker; Coordinator, IDEA Center
Suzanne Vega, MPH; Coordinator, VisFACT/ IDEA Center
Scientific Advisory Board of our Reading Centers includes internationally recognized ophthalmologists and researchers including:
Christopher Bowd, PhD
Robert N. Weinreb, MD
Linda M. Zangwill, PhD
Show additional content areas below