IMPORTANT OCTA Application Update: Effective July 1, 2020, all financial functions in the OCTA Application will cease to be available or performed in the OCTA Application. All financial activity related to OCTA industry clinical trials, including the claiming of payments, will occur in Oracle. For information on how to claim payments in Oracle please view the Finance Training Materials and Resources here. For questions regarding how to perform certain functions or access information in Oracle, please submit a Budget & Finance services and support ticket here. Find more information about requesting access to Oracle here.
UPDATE: As of July 9, 2018, budget services for industry initiated and funded clinical trials will be serviced by the Office of Coverage Analysis Administration (OCAA). The goal with this transition is to improve the budget process and timelines. We are hopeful these changes, with future enhancements, will deliver faster and higher quality budgets. For questions regarding OCAA budget services, please contact OCAA@health.ucsd.edu.
REQUESTS FOR BUDGET SERVICES
To request OCAA budget negotiation services for a new clinical trial agreement, complete the Research Questions below in your Kuali Research Proposal.
- Does this project include a Clinical Trial? Answer: Yes
- Has the external sponsor provided a study protocol for this project? Answer: Yes
- If this research project is an industry initiated and funded clinical trial you may request budget development and negotiation services from the Office of Coverage Analysis Administration (OCAA). Please select the appropriate option below: Answer: I request OCAA budget services
To request OCAA budget negotiation services for a contract amendment that requires a negotiated change in budget, please email OCAA@health.ucsd.edu.
OTHER FINANCIAL INQUIRIES*
Please direct other financial inquiries related to industry initiated and funded clinical trial contracts to the appropriate inbox as indicated below.
|This inbox is managed by Office of Clinical Trials Administration.||This inbox is managed by Accounts Receivable Financial Operations.|
- Request a Copy of an OCTA Contract
- IRB Fee Recharges
- Request for OCTA's Current W9
- Request a Change to the Financial Contact(s) for your Contract Negotiation
- To Inactivate an OCTA Award in the Contract & Grant System
- To notify OCTA of a Study Closure or early Termination
- Other OCTA Contract or Award related requests
- Unclaimed Checks
- Misapplied Sponsor Payments/Check Corrections
- Check Copies
- Refund Requests
- Bank Wires
- Ledger/Journal Questions
*When making an inquiry please include the following information (as applicable) to help identify your study: Sponsor Name, Full Name of Principal Investigator, Kuali Proposal # and/or Kuali Award #, IRB #, OFC Project #, and if available, Sponsor Protocol #.
If you're building a budget and have questions regarding the University's current research rates please contact Revenue Cycle Management's Clinical Research Billing Department
firstname.lastname@example.org. If OCAA budget services is negotiating your budget and you have questions about the rates, please contact the assigned budget analyst directly or