As of July 1, 2018, the Health Sciences Sponsored Project Pre-Award Office (HS SPPO) is responsible for the review, submission, award negotiation, and acceptance for NIH Individual NRSA Fellowships for the following:
- Health Sciences Post-Doctoral Fellows; and
- Health Sciences Professional Degree Pre-Doctoral Fellows (M.D. or Pharm.D applicants or dual degree applicants (M.D./Ph.D. and Pharm.D./Ph.D).
Additionally, HS SPPO is the appropriate office for all Health Sciences NIH Loan Repayment Program (LRP) applications.
Please see the accordions below for NIH NRSA application information as well as NIH LRP application information.
For applications submitted on or before June 30, 2018:
If your application was submitted with HS SPPO's assistance on or before June 30, 2018, then HS SPPO will continue to be your point of contact for post-submission materials as well as HS SPPO will assist you with your award negotiation, award acceptance, fund set-up, and so forth until your award closes.
Furthermore, if you received an award where HS SPPO was the office that assisted you, then HS SPPO will continue to be your point of contact for your award negotiation, award acceptance, fund set-up, and so forth till your award closes.
+ Expand All
NIH Individual NRSA fellowship applications are electronic and must be submitted in ASSIST by an authorized institutional signing official on behalf of the applicant. HS SPPO submits the following applications:
F32 Postdoctoral Fellowships for applicants with sponsors (mentors) in the School of Medicine or the Skaggs School of Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Sciences
F30 Pre-Doctoral Fellowships for dual degree applicants (MD/PhD or Pharm.D./Ph.D.)
To submit a NIH NRSA fellowship, please see the
NIH NRSA Fellowship page.
NOTE: F31 Fellowships go through OCGA
Applications to the NIH Loan Repayment Program (LRP) can be submitted between
September 1 and November 18, 2021. LRP Online Application System (OAS.
If an applicant is selected, NIH will make payments for educational loans directly to the lender on behalf of the applicant. The applicant applies online for the NIH LRP program, but must designate an institutional official for certifying the applicant's institutional salary and commitment to research.
Rachel Cook serves as the the Institutional Officer for all Health Sciences NIH LRP applications.
The general eligibility criteria applicable to all five extramural LRPs are listed
here as well as below in the recently published notices. All eligible researchers and scientists, including women, individuals from underrepresented groups, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply for loan repayment.
- NOT-OD-21-139: Extramural Loan Repayment Program for Clinical Researchers (LRP-CR)
- NOT-OD-21-143: Extramural Loan Repayment Program for Contraception and Infertility Research (LRP-CIR)
- NOT-OD-21-141: Extramural Loan Repayment Program for Health Disparities Research (LRP-HDR)
- NOT-OD-21-140: Extramural Loan Repayment Program for Pediatric Research (LRP-PR)
- NOT-OD-21-142: Extramural Clinical Research Loan Repayment Program for Individuals from Disadvantaged Backgrounds (LRP-IDB)
- NOT-OD-21-144: Extramural Loan Repayment Program for Research in Emerging Areas Critical to Human Health (LRP-REACH)
More information can be found on the LRP