NIH has a large number of ways to stay connected with the agency as well as each individual IC. You can subscribe and follow different Facebook accounts, Twitter feeds, blogs, RSS feeds, as well as sign up for emails. Please click on the hyperlink for information specific to NIH OER as well as information regarding NIH and all the ICs.
Additionally, HS SPPO would like to highlight the following social media and outreach resources available to you by NIH that we either follow in our office or check-in with when needed:
- Extramural Nexus & Blog: through the Nexus, the OER will provide the external scientific community with updates on NIH policies and activities as well as an opportunity to gain a better understanding of the operation of extramural programs. This site also houses a Blog which helps to connect you with the NIH Perspective, formerly known as Rock Talk.
- All About Grants Podcasts: Presents conversations with NIH staff members. Designed for investigators, fellows, students, research administrators, and others. NIH provides insights on grant topics from those who live and breathe the information.
- NIH Grants YouTube Channel: NIH OER produces videos specific to research administration on programs, policies, tutorials, and processes, such as NIH Peer Review Revealed, eRA Commons, NIH Implementation of Uniform Guidance, NIH Public Access Policy, and more.
- @NIHgrants: research application advice, policy news, funding data, & more from the Office of Extramural Research (OER) at NIH
- @NIHfunding: provides the latest NIH announcements for funding opportunities.
- @NIHDirector: provides comments and articles written by NIH Director Francis S. Collins.
- Grants Process at a Glance: provides an overview of the steps required for an application to proceed from application planning and submission through award and close out.
- Frequent NIH Questions (FAQs): NIH and its individual Institutes/Centers offer an array of Frequently Asked Questions (and Answers) in response to inquiries on policies and programs affecting the grants process.