Rady Children's Hospital
Rady Children’s Hospital-San Diego is the region’s pediatric medical center serving San Diego, Imperial and southern Riverside counties.
Rady Children's Hospital is:
- The largest children’s hospital in California (based on admissions).
- The only hospital in the San Diego area dedicated exclusively to pediatric healthcare.
- The region’s only designated pediatric trauma center.
- Provider of care to 91 percent of the region’s children.
- Provider of care to 227,461 children.
Our outstanding team includes more than 900 physicians and 1,200 nurses on staff, more than 5,000 employees, about 500 active volunteers and about 1,250 Auxiliary members.
Pediatric Respiratory Medicine
The Division specializes in evaluation, consultation and care for all respiratory disorders of infants, children and teenagers, continuing through the transition into adulthood for patients with cystic fibrosis and other chronic disorders. Common referrals to our services are for asthma, bronchiectasis, bronchopulmonary dysplasia, chronic cough, congenital anomalies of the respiratory tract, cystic fibrosis, diffuse and interstitial lung diseases, infant apnea, pulmonary tuberculosis, recurrent pneumonia, obstructive sleep apnea, stridor, wheezing, and others.
- Medical & nursing services
- Pulmonary function tests
- Exercise testing
- Nutritional support
- Inpatient and home care
- Artificial airway care
- Fiberoptic bronchoscopy
- Bronchopulmonary hygiene
- Mechanical ventilator support (invasive and non-invasive)
- Specialized respiratory home care
- Multi-disciplinary clinics in Bronchopulmonary Dsyplasia, Muscle Disease, Severe Asthma, Aerodigestive, Bone Marrow Transplant, Cystic Fibrosis- Gastroenterology, Cystic Fibrosis - Endocrinology, Cystic Fibrosis- New Born Screening
Diagnostic tests and outpatient consultation are provided Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., and inpatient care is available on a 24-hour basis, seven days a week. Specialized staff directing their expertise towards care of patients with respiratory disease include a dietitian/nutritionist, a medical social worker, respiratory therapists, a genetic counselor, pharmacists, a nurse coordinator, pediatric nurse practitioners, a research nurse, and a clinical coordinator.
Our physicians care for outpatients referred by community or hospital-based physicians during multiple outpatient pulmonary clinics and cystic fibrosis clinics at RCHSD. Satellite clinics are available in Murrieta, Oceanside, and Encinitas. The Division provides provides respiratory care for greater than 98% of San Diego and Imperial Counties patients. The inpatient pulmonary service is among the busiest at RCHSD, with a daily census ranging from 10 to 30 patients per day. Inpatient consultations are also available in neonatal intensive care nurseries at UCSD/Jacobs Medical Center and Sharp Mary Birch Hospital.
Administrative Number: (858) 966-5846 Patient Appointment Scheduling: (858) 966-5999
>Visit the Rady Children's Division of Pulmonary/Respiratory Medicine