Faculty Curriculum Director: Practice of Medicine Course Co-Director (2 positions available)
The Practice of Medicine Course Director will provide direction, leadership, and instruction on a continuing basis to the students and staff associated with the course. Primary responsibility for assuring students acquire the knowledge base, skills and attitudes regarding patient examination techniques, communication, and professionalism that are appropriate to building the foundation for their clinical training and their future practice of medicine. Develop goals and objectives related to clinical medicine that support a broad foundation of medical skills and knowledge, as well as habits of self-directed learning. Responsible for the implementation of the course’s educational objectives.
Program Planning and Implementation
- Design, plan, implement and evaluate all aspects of the Practice of Medicine course in coordination with Practice of Medicine Co-Director, and Practice of Medicine Point-of-Care Ultrasound Directors.
- Collaborate with Organ Block Directors to develop/design and implement appropriate small group learning experiences to meet curricular goals.
- Ensure adequate cross-functional cooperation, teamwork, and support between the Practice of Medicine Course and COAST Organ Block directors.
- Responsible for the direction and recruitment of full-time and volunteer faculty to participate in the Practice of Medicine course. Assess faculty performance and provide feedback.
- Participate in COAST Curriculum Steering Committee and associated curricular meetings; review student progress, including service on the CLEAR Committee, address course-related issues and long-range, strategic planning of course goals and objectives.
- Participate in teaching activities related to the Practice of Medicine Course. Teaching methods will include lectures, discussions, reflections, seminars and other methods as appropriate.
- Assist students in developing the clinical knowledge, skills and attitudes needed to become an outstanding physician.
- Evaluate student performance considering instructional goals; provide feedback to students as part of the development of appropriate skills and attitudes.
Individual Student Mentoring and Advising
- Advise medical students on academic issues related to the course.
- Guide students in the development and/or continuance and implementation of activities related to developing mastery of the course material.
This is a Core Pre-Clerkship level course, and the Practice of Medicine Course Director will receive financial and administrative support consistent with School of Medicine policies.
Please submit a CV and letter of interest to Lisa Gole (email@example.com) by Friday, February 17, 2023.