Faculty Curriculum Director
Building Systems Elective Concentration Director
The Building Systems Elective Concentration (BS-EC) is a four year long track within the medical school curriculum. The overarching goal of the BS-EC is to provide interested students with an introduction to healthcare system design and administration, and to support them in advanced independent study and community formation with others who have a shared interest.
The BS-EC Director will provide an introduction to the BS-EC for incoming students, and will lead an eight week-long, 2-3 hour per week introductory elective course. The BS-EC Director will provide strategic direction and approval for additional elective courses that are appropriate for credit within the concentration, and will determine standards for, and the adequacy of student's independent capstone projects within the BS-EC. The BS-EC director will also direct social activities for the concentration students and provide guidance and mentorship.
Program Planning and Implementation
- Design, plan, implement and evaluate all aspects of the BS-EC in coordination with the Associate Dean for Undergraduate Medical Education.
- Report to the Electives Committee on the overall performance of the BS-EC.
- Supervise the standards setting and approval of Capstone Projects.
- Provide support for social activities for the participants in the concentration as appropriate.
- Participate in COAST Curriculum Steering Committee and associated curricular meetings; review student progress, including service on the CLEAR Committee, address course related issues and long range, strategic planning of course goals and objectives.
- Teach the introductory course for the BS-EC.
- Teaching methods will include lecture, discussion, reflection, seminars and other methods as appropriate.
- Assist students in developing the clinical knowledge, skills and attitudes needed to become an outstanding physician.
- Evaluate student performance considering instructional goals; provide feedback to students as part of the development of appropriate skills and attitudes.
Individual Student Mentoring and Advising
This is an Elective Concentration, and the BS-EC Director will receive financial and administrative support consistent with School of Medicine policies.
- Advise medical students on academic issues related to the concentration.
- Provide guidance to students in the development and/or continuance and implementation of activities related to developing advanced skills within the concentration content material.
Applicant must have a UC San Diego School of Medicine faculty
appointment in the appropriate series. For example, instructional titles
in the appropriate series include: salaried UC San Diego School of Medicine
professors, professors in residence, professors of clinical _____ (e.g.,
medicine), clinical professors, adjunct professors.
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated CV
- Letter of Interest
Please submit your CV and letter of interest to Lisa Gole, Director of Undergraduate Medical Education, at email@example.com. The deadline for submission is Friday, February 9, 2024.