NCLAM Application Open
The National Center of Leadership in Academic Medicine (NCLAM) is a program with a competitive application process. Each class is comprised of 20 faculty who are selected from various departments and Schools within Health Sciences. The program receives applications from more than the number of faculty that are accepted into the entering class.
The NCLAM Leadership Council is responsible for selecting the candidates and strives to create a balanced class based on research and clinical faculty.
Women and underrepresented minority (URM) faculty are encouraged to apply.
The NCLAM application process starts in early September and ends in December. The application is an online form which requires a copy of the applicants' current CV. Please see the application timeline:
- Save-the-date is sent out to eligible junior faculty on September 17, 2018
- Online application opens on October 1, 2018
- Online application closes on October 31, 2018
- NCLAM Leadership Council reviews applications in early November, 2018
- Notifications of acceptance sent to applicants in December, 2018
NCLAM is a unique UC San Diego faculty development program created to support junior Health Sciences faculty through the initial years of adjustment after they choose academic careers. The requirements for participation are:
- A salaried faculty with an appointment of 50% or greater
- Assistant Professor in a UC Faculty Series Step I - IV
- Available for Friday morning sessions January – June 2019
- Promotion file not scheduled for review or submission before July 2019
Class of 2019 Schedule
Nineteen cohorts of junior faculty have graduated from the NCLAM program. Each class follows the same schedule. The syllabus is shared with the participants at the first session. The Class of 2019 schedule is:
- The NCLAM workshops begin in late January and end in early June, 2019
- Each workshop is confirmed for Friday mornings (8:30am - 12:00pm) on the UC San Diego Campus
- The individual participants work on a Professional Development Contract from May to September, 2019
- The final sessions are confirmed for September 13 and 20, 2019. Each junior faculty member will give a 10 - 15 minute presentation on the outcome of their Professional Development Contract.