To be eligible to participate in LAUNCH, you must:
- Be a research-oriented junior faculty member holding a doctoral degree, such as a PhD, MD, DO, DVM, or transitioning* post-doctoral scholar
- Be from a group underrepresented in the biomedical workforce, including women, persons with disabilities, underrepresented racial/ethnic minorities, and individuals from disadvantaged backgrounds
- Be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident of the United States
- Have a research focus that is centered on neuroscience or relevant research methodologies and approaches specific to this area
- Have not yet received an independent NIH research award (R01 type) or a similar award
*Transitioning means that you have or will have received a formal faculty appointment by the time the Summer Institute convenes in July 2024.
In addition to applicants from national pools, we especially encourage applications from within the University of California (UC) system's UC President's and San Diego Chancellor's Fellowship Programs and the national network of NIH-supported Institutional Research and Academic Career Development Award (IRACDA) programs.
Show additional content areas below