Benefits orientation sessions are provided for new faculty and academics who are curious about the different types of benefits offered at UC San Diego. It is recommended that you attend an orientation session shortly after your hire.
For orientation dates and times, please contact the UC Benefits office at (619) 543-3200. You may also ask questions and RSVP through the Health Human Resources Benefits webpage by following the steps below:
- Navigate to the
HR Benefits Webpage.
- Log in with your UCSD email address (including "@ucsd.edu") and Active Directory (AD) password.
- On the homepage, scroll down to the icons and click on "Benefits," then click on the "Benefits Inquiry" option that appears below.
- Verify that your name is listed in the "Requester" field. If not listed by default, set it to your name.
- Set the "What would you like to do today?" field to "Ask a question about my benefits".
- In the "How can we help?" box, write in "I would like to attend the benefits orientation."
- Click "Submit".
If you cannot attend, view the online video orientation which allows you to skip to the specific benefits areas.
Signing Up for Benefits
Your period of initial eligibility (PIE) starts on the day your eligible employment begins and it ends 31 days later at midnight. It is your responsibility to enroll or opt out of benefits during this period.
For more information on how to enroll or benefits in general, visit
UCnet or A Complete Guide to Your UC Health Benefits.
Enrolling through AYSO: To enroll in benefits, visit
At Your Service Online (see information below about getting access to AYSO).
Enrolling by submitting a UPAY 850: If you are unable to enroll in benefits via AYSO, you can submit the
Benefit Enrollment Form (UPAY 850) which you can complete and submit to Health Human Resources (HHR) via DocuSign.
For specific questions regarding benefits or filling out your UPAY 850 form or any problems with login, issues with the website, etc., please contact Health HR directly:
- (619) 543-3200
HR Benefits Page
Note: You will need to login with your UCSD email address and Active Directory password.
- Scroll down to the icons and click on "Benefits"
- Select "Benefits Inquiry"
- “Requester”: Your name should be listed
- “What would you like to do today?”: “Ask a question about my benefits”
Please Note: There is no monthly premium for dental and vision coverage options for you and your dependents as they are covered by the UC system, so you will not find a cost chart for these option.
Family Member Eligibility Verification: You will receive a packet of information from Secova to verify all family members enrolled in your healthcare plans. You must respond by the deadline date to avoid loss of coverage.
Please also read the
Federal Affordable Care Act (ACA) Exchange Notice for more information on healthcare requirements in the United States.
If you have previously had a UCSD appointment or are having difficulty accessing AYSO, please complete the
UPAY-850 Form to enroll, change, cancel, or opt out of your current health and welfare plan. Once completed, submit the UPAY 850 to Health HR using the steps outlined in the "Enrolling by submitting a UPAY 850" section above.
If you're having difficulties enrolling in benefits, please contact the UC Benefits Office by telephone at (619) 543-3200.