Coronavirus Pandemic


An academic appointee is considered to be on a leave of absence any time he or she takes a leave from normal duties during the prescribed periods of service. All Health Sciences faculty and academics are eligible for a leave of absence with prior approval. Please note that academic appointees who take leave without obtaining formal approval are in violation of University Policy. It is extremely important that leaves be approved in advance of departure. Leaves of 10 or fewer working days require approval from the Department Chair. Longer leave requests should be received in the Health Sciences Academic Affairs Office at least one month prior to the requested effective date to allow sufficient time for processing. Sabbatical requests should always be submitted one quarter or three months in advance.