The Health Sciences Space Advisory Committee (HSSAC) was established to provide general guidance and specific recommendations to the Vice Chancellor of Health Sciences in regard to the most effective use of existing space, the assignment of new space, and the need for future facilities development for instruction and research, and organized research activities.
The Committee will:
- Review space policy and recommend changes as necessary, at least every three years.
- Recommend space analyses as needed.
- Conduct annual reviews, including a walk-through of all departments and ORU space. Faculty assigned space will be reviewed, and each department/ORU will provide written space utilization reviews and supporting documentation.
- Annually review and comment on space utilization by department/ORU and identify space available for reallocation.
- Recommend programmatic priorities for space assignments, and development of new space.
- Assist in defining the need/scope of future instruction and research space, and ORU related support facilities.
2017 Review Schedule and Meeting Dates
NOTE: Sanford, ECOB, MCC, MPF, NARF and Lease Spaces are not
included in space review.
|Meeting Date||Department Review||Review Captain (Dept.)|
|October 17, 2018||Psychiatry||Frank Powell (Medicine)|
|November 14, 2018||Reproductive Medicine, Clinical Trials Reasearch Institute, Stein Institute for Research and Aging|||
Chris Glass (Cellular and Molecular Medicine)
|December 19, 2018||Urology, Antiviral Research Center, Family Medicine and Public Health||Allen Ryan (Surgery)|
|January 16, 2019||Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences||Murray Stein (Psychiatry)|
|February 20, 2019||Glycobiology Research & Training Center, Center for Academic Research and Training in Anthropogeny, Surgery||Tracy Handel (Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences)|
|March 20, 2019||Cellular and Molecular Medicine, Radiology, Radiation Medicine & Applied Sciences||Hal Hoffman (Pediatrics)|
|April 17, 2019||Pediatrics, Institute for Genomic Medicine||Chris Glass (Cellular and Molecular Medicine)|
are on the 3rd Wednesday of the month.