The Health Sciences Space Advisory Committee (HSSAC) was established to provide general guidance and specific recommendations to the Vice Chancellor of Health Sciences in regard to the most effective use of existing space, the assignment of new space, and the need for future facilities development for instruction and research, and organized research activities.
The Committee will:
- Review space policy and recommend changes as necessary, at least every three years.
- Recommend space analyses as needed.
- Conduct annual reviews, including a walk-through of all departments and ORU space. Faculty assigned space will be reviewed, and each department/ORU will provide written space utilization reviews and supporting documentation.
- Annually review and comment on space utilization by department/ORU and identify space available for reallocation.
- Recommend programmatic priorities for space assignments, and development of new space.
- Assist in defining the need/scope of future instruction and research space, and ORU related support facilities.
2017 Review Schedule and Meeting Dates
NOTE: Sanford, ECOB, MCC, MPF, NARF and Lease Spaces are not
included in space review.
|Meeting Date||Department Review||Review Captain (Dept.)|
|June 19, 2019||Moore's Cancer Center||Arden, Karen (Medicine/Ludwig), Pam Mellon (Repro Med)|
|July 17, 2019||Pharmacology, The HIV Institute||Olefsky, Jerrold (Medicine)|
|August 21, 2019||NO MEETING|
|September 18, 2019||Pathology||Glass, Chris (CMM)|
|October 16, 2019||Medicine (Part 1)||Mills, Paul (Family Medicine)|
|November 20, 2019||Medicine (Part 2)||Ward, Sam (Orthopaedic Surgery)|
|December 18, 2019||Medicine (Part 3)||Stein, Murray (Psychiatry)|
|January 15, 2020||Orthopaedic Surgery, Ophthalmology||DeMaio, Antonio (Surgery)|
|February 19, 2020||Anesthesiology, Dermatology||Pam Mellon (Repro Med)|
|March 18, 2020||Neurosciences||Hoffman, Hal (Pediatrics)|
|April 15, 2020||Psychiatry||Handel, Tracy (SSPPS)|
are on the 3rd Wednesday of the month.