The BI / BADG mission is to support UC San Diego Health Sciences by providing the School of Medicine Dean's Office and Health System administrative units with business and software solutions that facilitate essential business processes. BI members support business clients through a variety of services including business and financial analysis as well as reporting. BADG members endeavor to build software solutions that:
- Utilizes and integrates with Health System and UCSD enterprise technologies
- Improve business operations while reducing the level of employee effort
- Conforms to established UC/UCSD policies
- Creates efficient and accurate business practices
- Includes Health Science branding elements
- Meets or exceed required security practices
- Empower business users to perform and maintain their required business actions
Take me to the BADG Pulse/Internal web pages.
+ Expand All
Our members consist of software developers who use leading technologies to conceive and create business solutions necessary for our customers. Our engineering and development environment consists of the following deployed technologies, primarily running under Windows and/or RHEL Linux.
- Developer Tools: Eclipse, Maven, Aqua Data Studio, SSMS, Git/GitLab, SSIS, Scriptella, NiFi, Pentaho
SQL Server, MySQL, Microsoft Access
- Operating Systems: Windows Server, RHEL
- Web Services: Apache, Tomcat, JBoss / Wild Fly, IIS
- Development Technologies: Java, J2EE, JBPM, jQuery, Hibernate, DeltaSpike, Mybatis, Springboot
- Client-Server Technologies: REST, SOAP
- Reporting Technologies: iText, Cognos Analytics
- E-Mail Services: Outlook, Mailman
- Monitoring: Zabbix, Prometheus, Grafana, Graylog
- Software Utilities: Microsoft Office, Xenu, PUTTY, Cygwin, Docker, Portainer
- Scripting: Python, Bash, Perl, PHP, PowerShell, YAML
- SaaS: ServiceNow
8:00 am - 5:00 pm, Monday - Friday
UC San Diego Health Sciences
VCHS / BFS / BADG / 7th Floor
1450 Frazee Rd.
San Diego, CA 92108-0012
Directions to Offices
From the North - take 163 south and exit onto Friars road, move to the left lane and turn left at the first stop light onto Frazee road. Take first left into the parking area and park anywhere around the building. Take the elevator to the 7th floor and check in with the receptionist on the right.
From the South - take 163 north and exit onto Friars road and follow the rest of the instructions above.
The Health Sciences Organization Chart
Health Sciences Organizational Chart