- Biomaterials/Breast Implants
- Physiology and Pathology of Healing Processes
- Scientific Foundations for Evidence-Based Aesthetic Surgery
- Telemedicine for Chronic Wounds
- Applications of Stem-Cell Based Technologies for Plastic Surgery
My research is focused on mechanisms of inflammation and healing, advances and outcomes in reconstructive and aesthetic surgery with specific emphasis on new technologies in plastic surgery and their implementation into plastic surgery. In addition, I led the team pursuing telemedicine related projects and implementing telemedicine based wound care programs, linking numerous clinical community entities with expert care available at the University setting.
RESEARCH ACTIVITIES AND PROJECTS
- Advanced, Multidisciplinary Aesthetic Fellowship (Educational Grant from Mentor Worldwide, LLC 2007-2013; currently restructured)
- Energy (ultrasound, radiofrequencies, lasers) –based Surgical Tools for Cosmetic Applications
- Telemedicine for Chronic Wound Management Programs
Dobke M, Mackert G, Goldin A, Kulidjian A. Working with orthopedic oncologists: when to offer immediate and when and why to delay definitive reconstruction of an extremity. J Clin Exp Orthopaedics 3(3):37-45, 2017
Gaur M, Amaro-Ortiz A, Dobke M, Jordan IK, Lunyak VV. Acute genotoxic stress-induced senescence in human mesenchymal cells drives a unique composition of senescence messaging secretomes (SMS). J Stem Cell Res Ther 7(8):396-410, 2017
Dobke M. Is the New Class of Cosmeceuticals - Percutaneously Delivered Dermal Fillers Scientifically Feasible? J Aesth Reconstr Surg. 3(1): 5-6, 2017.
Dominguez S, Dobke M. Correction of Rhytides, Peau d'Orange, and Thin Dermis of the Face by Neocollagenesis Using Novel Collagen Stimulating Slurry Protocol. Aesth Plast Surg 41(5):1168-1175, Oct 2017
Vyas K, Hambrick H, Shakir A, Morrison S, Tran D, Pearson K, Vasconez HC, Mardini S, Gosman A. Dobke M, Granick MS. A Systematic Review of the Use of Telemedicine in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and Dermatology. Ann Plast Surg 78(6):736-768, 2017.
Brandel M, D'Souza G, Reid C, Dobke M, Gosman A. Analysis of a Resident Aesthetic Clinic. Process for Rhinoplasty, Resident Experience, and Patient Satisfaction. Ann Plast Surg 78(S4): 175-179, May 2017.
Dominguez S, Moshrefi,S, Dobke M. Treatment Protocol for Acute Arterial Occlusion Secondary to Facial Revolumization Procedures. Emergency Medicine 49(5): 221-229, 2017.
Dobke M, Mackert GA. Upper Extremity Sarcoma: Impact of Current Practice Guidelines and Controversies on Reconstructive Approaches. SICOT-J 3(15): 1-7, 2017.
Gaur M, Dobke M, Lunyak V. Mesenchymal Stem Cells from Adipose Tissue in Clinical Applications for Dermatological Indications and Skin Aging. Int J Mol Sci 18 (1): 1-29, 2017
Dobke M, Suliman A, Mackert GA, Herrera FA, Singer R, Nelson J. Single-Stage Reconstruction of Achilles Tendon and Overlying Tissue With the Extended Temporoparietal Fasciagaleal Flap-23-Year Follow-Up and the Review of the Literature. Ann Plast Surg. 76 (S3): 165-70, 2016
Victoria Lunyak, PhD Buck Institute for Research on Aging, Novato, California
Wendy Havran, Ph.D. Professor, Department of Immunology and Microbial Science, Scripps Research Institute
- Lisa Misell, PhD Ulthera, Inc., Mesa, Arizona
- Augusto Valderrama, PhD Departments of Molecular Biology, Medicine, and Surgery, Universidad Libre, Cali, Columbia
- Allison Vaughn, PhD Department of Psychology, SDSU