A wide variety of doctoral research projects are completed by each student under the mentorship of either SDSU or UCSD faculty. Sample list of projects done with UCSD mentors:
- Ototoxicity monitoring of adult patients with cystic fibrosis, Aaron Jones, 2008.
- ECoG: Area under the curve analysis vs. SP/AP ratio, Dave Stewart; 2008.
- CHAMP results for patients with possible Menieres disease, Yan Li; 2008.
- UHF hearing in patients with cystic fibrosis treated with tobramycin. Carrie Lakin, 2008.
- Normative values for tests of Eustachian tube function, Ariz Slali: 2009.
- Hearing sensitivity in HIV patients, Nicole Conrad, 2009.
- Comparison of ECoG and CHAMP test results for cochlear hydrops, Jerilyn Dutton; 2009.
- CHAMP: Early and late wave V identification for improved test performance, Sasha Fischang, 2009.
- Retrospective Chart Review of Exostosis Prevalence and Surgical Procedure, John King, 2009.
- Effectiveness of a tinnitus seminar, Caton Harris, 2009
- Effects of Phosphodiesterase (PDE)-V inhibitors on cochlear hair cells and spiral ganglion nerve cells, Barbara Harris, 2009
- Multifrequency tympanometry in patients with Meniere's disease, Megan Spansail, 2010.
- Vestibular evoked myogenic potentials in normal subjects, Colleen Benson, 2010.
- Laterality of exostosis in surfers due to evaporative cooling effect. John King, 2010.
- Success-rate of IT injections for the treatment of hearing in SSNHL, MD & AIED. Kristina Celani, 2010.
- Carhart-notch resolution, Arineh Khatchatoorians, 2011.
- Sox 11 Expression in Developing Inner ears of Mice, Rachel Weichert, 2011
- Response variability of the ocular VEMP, Jasmine Hu, 2012.
- The effects of computer-based auditory training on speech perception by adults with hearing loss. Stephanie Bigler, 2012.
- Hearing loss following gamma knife radiosurgery for acoustic neuroma, Robin Williams, 2013.
- Pupilometry as a measure of listening effort in patients with cochlear implants, Stephani Gonzales, 2013.
- Simultaneous recordings of auditory brainstem response and electrocochleographic response: response parameters and variability in normal hearing adults, Anja Arko, 2013.
- The Effect of Surface Modifications of Titanium Substrates on Spiral Ganglia Dendrite Outgrowth. Thomas Wise 2013.
- Susceptance and reflectance in endolymphatic hydrops. Collyn Gallant 2013.
- Relationship between tobramycin peak/trough values and change in hearing levels, Beth Harris, 2014.
- StackedABR UCSD normative data. Samantha Barbour. 2014.
- Establishment of normative variability in DPOAE and hearing levels for application in assessing acute change in inpatients receiving ototoxic medications, Hang Lam, 2014.
- Efficiency of two SRT methods. Gina Gabrielli, 2014.
- Development of an iPad/iPhone application for self-administered ototoxic monitoring. Leah Martin, 2015.
- Factors associated with ototoxicity in cystic fibrosis patients treated with tobramycin. Suzanne Rotan, 2015.
of Platinum Chemotherapy Across Treatment on Behavioral and Physiological
Sensitive Range for Ototoxicity. Melissa Ho, 2015
- Feasibility of recording oVEMP using a horizontal surface-recording electrode montage. Laura Rhee, 2015
- Early Indication of Noise Induced Hearing Loss in Young Adult Users of Personal Listening Devices. Carol Chou, 2015
- Peptides With the Ability to Transit the Tympanic Membrane Do Not Influence Middle or Inner Ear Structure or Function. Kerry Beasley, 2015
- JNK Isoforms Play Different Roles in Noise-Induced Hearing Loss. Joseph Hardeman 2015.
balance function and head thrust test results for persons with cystic fibrosis.
David Nguyen, pending.
of directional microphone technology on speech perception performance with
cochlear implants. Stacey Ochoa Armas, pending
- Natural progression of hearing loss in persons with cystic fibrosis without aminoglycosides. Kaitlin Leggins, pending.