At the Center for the Future of Surgery (CFS), surgeons and scientists are advancing surgical techniques by investigating, developing, testing, and teaching procedures that are revolutionizing the field of medicine. Since opening in 2011, the CFS has trained more than 20,000 individuals—from residents and medical students to surgeons, nurses, and industry partners— making it one of the largest and most comprehensive surgical simulation facilities in the world.
Our training covers diverse specialties, including:
- Robotics: da Vinci® Surgical Systems, Medtronic Mazor X™ Stealth Edition, Medrobotics
- ENT / Otorhinolaryngology
- General surgery
Simulation ORs equipped with the latest surgical, laparoscopic, robotic, endoscopic and other developing technologies, including:
- 22 General surgery stations and towers
- 15-station Microsurgery Suite with Zeiss microscopes.
- Hybrid OR, with a Siemens Artis Zeego and Multitaction system for interactive media.
- 350-seat auditorium and conference rooms for didactic sessions
- Surgical instrumentation for a wide variety of specialties
- PPE and locker rooms provided