Salary, Benefits, and Resources
- Physician and Peer Resident Clinical Mentoring Program - Upon starting radiology residency, each resident is matched with a senior resident mentor (big sib-little sib program) who facilitates residents’ transition to UCSD, and a faculty mentor who provides support and guidance throughout residency training. Additionally, residents and faculty are each others’ informal mentors throughout one’s time at UCSD and beyond.
|Post Graduate Year||2020-21 Salary|
Multiple moonlighting opportunities (contrast reaction monitoring) are offered through UCSD and other local healthcare groups for all resident levels, subject to licensing eligibility.
|Education Benefits||Other Benefits|
- $500/year education stipend
- Medical board licensing fees
- USMLE Step 3 application fees
- DEA fees
- Average of 10 days off per year to attend conferences!
- Radprimer, e-Anatomy, StatDx, UpToDate, and Clinical Key
- Brant and Helms’ Fundamentals of Diagnostic Radiology
- $6000 housing stipend (2021-2022)
- 2 embroidered lab coats/year with on-site laundry service
- 1 embroidered fleece at the beginning of R1 year
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance for yourself and dependents (link)
- Disability, Malpractice, and Life Insurance provided by the university
- Retirement benefits through Fidelity
- Meals on call
- Additional UC system benefits include inexpensive access to UCSD recreational facilities
- Reduced tuition for UCSD courses
- Substantial discounts or free access to computer software
Show additional content areas below