Salary, Benefits, and Resources
- Physician and Peer Resident Clinical Mentoring Program - Upon starting radiology residency, each resident is matched with a senior resident mentor (big sib-little sib program) who facilitates residents’ transition to UCSD, and a faculty mentor who provides support and guidance throughout residency training. Additionally, residents and faculty are each others’ informal mentors throughout one’s time at UCSD and beyond.
Post Graduate Year||
*housing stipend is incorporated into wages
- $750/year education stipend, $1000y year conference funding if presenting
- Tuition for the ACR RLI Leadership, Economics, and Informatics Courses
- Medical board licensing fees
- USMLE Step 3 application fees
- DEA fees
- Average of 10 days off per year to attend conferences!
- Radprimer, e-Anatomy, StatDx, UpToDate, and Clinical Key
- Brant and Helms’ Fundamentals of Diagnostic Radiology
- Salary increase of +6%, +4%, +4% per year in the upcoming 3 years.
- New meal stipend of $100/month, $150/month, $200/month in the upcoming 3 years
- Fully paid family bonding for 4 weeks per occurrence
- 2 embroidered lab coats/year with on-site laundry service
- 1 embroidered fleece at the beginning of R1 year
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance for yourself and dependents (link)
- Disability, Malpractice, and Life Insurance provided by the university
- Retirement benefits through Fidelity
- Department and residency sponsored social events
- Additional UC system benefits include inexpensive access to UCSD recreational facilities
Reduced tuition for UCSD courses
Substantial discounts or free access to computer software
Multiple moonlighting opportunities (contrast reaction monitoring) are offered through UCSD and with several local radiology groups for all resident levels, subject to licensing eligibility.
Show additional content areas below