The Women’s Imaging Fellowship focuses on advancing MRI, CT, US, radiography, and mammography for applications in the female breast and pelvis, including cervical, ovarian, uterine, and breast cancer, as well as fetal, endometriosis, and pelvic floor imaging. The fellowship includes training in all modalities in body imaging, from the diaphragm through the pelvis in males and females. Fellowship training in breast includes all modalities, including procedures.
The fellow will work closely with faculty from both the body and breast divisions at UC San Diego, and have opportunities for cross-departmental research collaboration, including Radiation Medicine, Pathology, Bioengineering, Reproductive Sciences, and Medicine.
Please click the link below to learn more about the general aspects of the Graduate Medical Education space at UC San Diego: UCSD GME
Applying to the Women's Imaging Fellowship:
We welcome all interested applicants to apply to the Women's Imaging Fellowship program. At the time of matriculation to the fellowship, you are expected to have completed an accredited radiology residency and to be an ABR Board-eligible Radiologist.
The 2023 Radiology Fellowship cycle for academic year 2024-25 appointments is currently open.
As of January 1, 2023, you can submit your application here.
Your completed file will be reviewed, and you will be contacted about the possibility of a virtual interview. If you have any questions about the status of your application, please call Isaac Valencia-Avendano at (619) 543-6641.
- Fellowship Application Form.pdf
- Personal Statement. Please tell us your career goals and personal interests.
- Three Letters of Recommendation (including one from your Program Director)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of Dean's Letter - if you need to request your Dean's Letter, please upload a document with your name and date as a confirmation you have requested a copy from your medical school to be sent to us via e-mail or mail to Isaac Valencia-Avendano, Administrative Assistant.
- Copy of USMLE/COMLEX transcript
- Copy of medical school diploma
Your completed file will be reviewed, and you will be contacted about the possibility of an interview. If you have any questions about the status of your application, please call Isaac Valencia-Avendano at (619) 543-6641.
Isaac Valencia-Avendano, Administrative Assistant
Department of Radiology