Magnetic resonance imaging, also known as an MRI, is a painless imaging procedure used to help your physician diagnose a wide variety of conditions. 3 Tesla MRI, or 3T MRI, is currently the gold standard in MRI and the leading-edge MRI scanner in medical technology. The 3T MRI also picks up more signals from tissues and organs, resulting in crisper, clearer images.
Physicians may require 3T MRI to evaluate patients with a number of musculoskeletal, neurological and vascular conditions where precise details are especially crucial to diagnosis, including, but not limited to:
- Many forms of cancer
- Certain brain tumors
- Multiple sclerosis
- Metabolic disorders
- Ovarian masses
- Metastatic disease
- Enlarged lymph nodes
- Aortic aneurysms and dissections
- Herniated, bulging discs
- Arthritic changes
- Sports injuries
- Heart disease
- Vascular disease
- Arrive at the specified time to allow for registration and exam preparation.
- Notify us upon arrival of any special needs or allergies.
- Bring your insurance card and authorization or worker’s compensation information.
- Bring a picture ID.
- Wear comfortable clothing.
- Avoid carrying metal and other personal items in your clothing.
- For an abdominal exam, do not eat or drink for at least four (4) hours prior to your exam.
Electronic transmission of results and images are available to referring physicians.