Alan N. Simmons, Ph.D. : Selected Publications
1. Simmons, A., Strigo, I, Matthews, S.C., Paulus, M.P., & Stein, M.B., (2006). Anticipation of aversive visual stimuli is associated with increased insula activation in anxiety-prone subjects. Biological Psychiatry, 60(4):402-9.
2. Simmons, A.N., Paulus, M.P., Thorp, S.R., Matthews, S.C., Norman, S.B., & Stein, M.B. (2008). Functional Activation and Neural Networks in Women with Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Related to Intimate Partner Violence. Biol Psychiatry, 64(8):681-90.
3. Simmons, A.N., Fitzpatrick, S., Strigo, I.A., Potterat, E.G., Johnson, D.C., Matthews, S.C., Van Orden, K.F., Swain, J.L., Paulus, M.P. (2012). Altered Insula Activation in Anticipation of Changing Emotional States: Neural Mechanisms Underlying Cognitive Flexibility in Special Operations Forces Personnel. NeuroReport, 23(4):234-9.
4. Simmons, A.N., Flagan, T.M., Wittmann, M., Strigo, I.A., Matthews, S.C., Donovan, H., Lohr, J.B., & Paulus, M.P. (2013). The effects of temporal unpredictability in anticipation of negative events in combat veterans with PTSD. Journal of Affective Disorders, 146(3):426-32.
5. Simmons, A.N., Norman, S.B., Spadoni, A.D., & Strigo, I.A. (2013). Neurosubstrates of remission following Prolonged Exposure therapy in veterans with Posttraumatic Stress Disorder.. Psychotherapy and Psychosomatics. 82(6):382-9.
6. Aupperle, R.L., Ravindran, L., Tankersley, D., Flagan, T., Stein, N.R., Simmons, A.N., Stein, M.B., & Paulus, M.P. (2011). Pregabalin influences insula and amygdala activation during anticipation of emotional images.. Neuropsychopharmacology, 36(7):1466-77.
7. Simmons, A.N., Arce, E., Lovero, K.L., Stein, M. B., & Paulus, M.P. (2009). Subchronic SSRI administration reduces insula response during affective anticipation in health volunteers. The International Journal of Neuropsychopharmacology, 23:1-12.
8. Paulus, M.P., Feinstein, J.S., Castillo, G., Simmons, A.N., & Stein, M.B. (2005). Dose-dependent decrease of activation in bilateral amygdala and insula by lorazepam during emotion processing. Arch. Gen. Psychiatry, 62, 282-288.
For a complete list of publications by Alan Simmons, Ph.D, please click here.
Andrea Spadoni Towensend, Ph.D. : Selected Publications
1. Spadoni, A.D., Kosheleva, E., Buchsbaum, M.S., Simmons, A. Neural correlates of malingering in mild traumatic brain injury: a positron emission tomography study. Psychiatry Res. 2015 Sep 30;233(3):367-72: In process.
2. Kosheleva, E., Spadoni, A.D., Strigo, I.A., Buchsbaumb, M.S., & Simmons, A.N. Faking Bad: The neural correlates of feigning memory impairment. Neuropsychology. 2016 Mar;30(3):377-84: In process.
3. Strigo, I.A., Spadoni, A.D., Lohr, J., Simmons, A. Too hard to control: compromised pain anticipation and modulation in mild traumatic brain injury. Transl Psychiatry. 2014 Jan 7;4:e340.
4. Matthews S, Spadoni A, Knox K, Strigo I, Simmons A. Combat-exposed war veterans at risk for suicide show hyperactivation of prefrontal cortex and anterior cingulate during error processing. Psychosom Med. 2012 Jun;74(5):471-5.
5. Matthews SC, Spadoni AD, Lohr JB, Strigo IA, Simmons AN. Diffusion tensor imaging evidence of white matter disruption associated with loss versus alteration of consciousness in warfighters exposed to combat in Operations Enduring and Iraqi Freedom. Psychiatry Res. 2012 Nov 30;204(2-3):149-54.
6. Spadoni AD, Simmons AN, Yang TT, Tapert SF. Family history of alcohol use disorders and neuromaturation: a functional connectivity study with adolescents. Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse. 2013 Nov;39(6):356-64.
7. Norman SB, Haller M, Spadoni AD, Drummond SP, Risbrough V, Hamblen JL, Trim RS, Blanes EX. Maximizing the utility of a single site randomized controlled psychotherapy trial. Contemp Clin Trials. 2015 May;42:244-51.
For a complete list of publications by Andrea Spadoni Townsend, Ph.D, please click here.
Jessica Bomyea, Ph.D. : Selected Publications
1. Amir N, Selvig A, Bomyea J. Implicit memory and posttraumatic stress symptoms. Cognitive Therapy and Research. 2010; 34:49-58.
2. Amir N, Taylor CT, Bomyea JA, Badour CL. Temporal allocation of attention toward threat in individuals with posttraumatic stress symptoms. Journal of anxiety disorders. 2009; 23(8):1080-5.
3. Amir N, Beard C, Burns M, Bomyea J. Attention modification program in individuals with generalized anxiety disorder. Journal of abnormal psychology. 2009; 118(1):28-33.
For a complete list of publications by Jessica Bomyea, Ph.D, please click here.
Katia Harle, Ph.D. : Selected Publications
1. Harlé KM, Zhang S, Ma N, Yu AJ, Paulus MP. Reduced Neural Recruitment for Bayesian Adjustment of Inhibitory Control in Methamphetamine Dependence. Biological psychiatry. Cognitive neuroscience and neuroimaging. 2016; 1(5):448-459.
2. Merz EC, Harlé KM, Noble KG, McCall RB. Executive Function in Previously Institutionalized Children. Child development perspectives. 2016; 10(2):105-110.
3. Harlé KM, Stewart JL, Zhang S, Tapert SF, Yu AJ, Paulus MP. Bayesian neural adjustment of inhibitory control predicts emergence of problem stimulant use. Brain: a journal of neurology. 2015; 138(Pt 11):3413-26.
For a complete list of publications by Katia Harle, Ph.D, please click here.