Interested in Applying to be an RA?
If you are interested in joining the team here at PEARL, please email a resume/CV, cover letter, and the following RA application
to our lab manager at the below information.
UCSD PSYC99 and PSYC199
This position may be used for 99 or 199 credit. For more information on these courses, please visit the UCSD Psychology department website
. Other departments may be eligible for independent studies.Volunteer Research Assistants
If you are interested in the research here at PEARL, but do not have the desire to receive independent study credit, you are still eligible to apply as a Research Assistant. The requirement guidelines below still apply.
Our goal is to create a rich, hands-on learning experience for students and volunteers. Thus, we endeavor to involve students in many aspects of the research process, taking into account the student’s prior experiences and skill set.
- Interacting with research participants
- Study conceptualization, design, and implementation (e.g., conducting literature searches, developing research questions and hypotheses; helping to develop assessment tools and programming tasks)
- Conducting telephone interviews
- Flyering for participant recruitment
- Running participants through experimental protocols
- Acting as a study confederate
- Assisting at MRI scans
- Behavioral coding of observational data
- Data entry, organization, and management
- Data analysis, interpretation of findings, and preparation of results for presentations or publication (primarily for advanced students with prior experience)
- One year commitment
- Minimum 15 hours per week
- Be organized and reliable
- Have a positive attitude