Youth Services Survey (YSS): SPRING 2022
The Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) is continuing its evaluation system for Children, Youth and Families Behavioral Health Services (CYFBHS). The collection of measures will occur annually or biannually, during a one-week period. Information will be collected from parents/caregivers and youth (13 yrs and older) on satisfaction with services and service impact.
The assessment tools, which are the Youth Services Survey for Youth (YSS-Y) and the Youth Services Survey for Families (YSS-F), were chosen by the state and are to be completed on every child that receives services during the data collection period. All mental health services are included except for inpatient services, juvenile hall services, and crisis services. All of the items are to be completed directly by the parent/caregiver or youth.
Administered to all parents/caregivers regardless of the youth's age AND youth 13 years and older who receive billable services during the YSS period.
| 0-12 years || --|| X|
| 13-17 years || X|| X|
| 18+ (still in CYFBHS)|| X|| --|
Please make sure respondents have PRIVACY when filling out forms.
- YSS Material Distribution: Links and guidance documents provided below
- YSS Administration Training: Asynchronous webinar provided below
- YSS Data Collection: 5/16/2022 - 5/20/2022
- Electronic Survey Submission Deadline: Monday, May 23 by 11:59pm
- Paper Survey Submission Deadline: Tuesday, May 24 (10am-2pm)
The Spring 2022 YSS will be administered both electronically (online) and in paper form.
Spring 2022 YSS Materials and Links
- Links to Web-based Survey
- Links to Interactive PDF Forms
- YSS Youth
- YSS Parent/Caregiver