EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2018
The assessment measures will be administered to all children receiving mental health services with the exception of inpatient services. The assessments for the Children, Youth & Families Behavioral Health Services System of Care Evaluation include:
- The San Diego Child and Adolescent Needs and Strengths (SD-CANS), completed by the clinician for youth ages 6-21. These measures are administered at Intake, UM/UR or 6 months (whichever comes first), and Discharge. NOTE: the SD-CANS replaces the Children's Functional Assessment Rating Scale (CFARS) for all incoming clients effective July 1, 2018. SD-CANS completion, compliance, and documentation standards available soon.
- The Pediatric Symptom Checklist Youth version (PSC-Y) for youth ages 11-18 years, and the PSC Caregiver version (PSC) for caregivers of youth ages 3-18 years. These measures are administered at Intake, UM/UR or 6 months (whichever comes first), and Discharge. NOTE: the PSC replaces the Child and Adolescent Measurement System (CAMS) and the Eyberg Child Behavior Inventory (ECBI) for all incoming clients effective July 1, 2018. PSC completion, compliance, and documentation standards available soon.
- The Personal Experience Screening Questionnaire (PESQ), administered to youth ages 12-18 in Outpatient Clinics embedded with an AD counselor, by their AD counselor at Intake and Discharge.
The CYF mHOMS DES can be accessed through the main mHOMS login page: mhoms.ucsd.edu.
For optimal performance, we recommend using Google Chrome to run CYF mHOMS.
After administering the assessments, each agency will enter their own data into the web-based CYF mHOMS Data Entry System (DES). This allows every agency to keep the original copies of the completed measures and to have full access to the response data from their clients for client level analysis and program level analysis. It is important that the data is entered into the CYF mHOMS DES in a timely manner.
It is recommended that program sites enter data within two weeks of data collection. Waiting longer than two weeks may make it more likely that programs misplace forms that have already been completed.
|Data Collection Period:||Data Entered in CYF mHOMS by:|
|July 1 - September 30, 2018||October 15, 2018|
|October 1 - December 31, 2018||January 15, 2019|
|January 1 - March 31, 2019||April 15, 2019|
|April 1 - June 30, 2019||July 15, 2019|
System of Care Evaluation Materials
Print copies of all materials can be requested from the SOCE offices at CASRC.
System of Care Evaluation (SOCE) Manual
- SOCE Manual (IN DEVELOPMENT)
Pediatric Symptom Checklist (PSC) Forms
- PSC Parent/Caregiver - English, v.10/2018
- PSC Parent/Caregiver - Spanish, v.6/2018
- PSC Parent/Caregiver - Tagalog, v.6/2018
- PSC Parent/Caregiver - Arabic, v.6/2018
- PSC Parent/Caregiver - Vietnamese, v.6/2018
- PSC Parent/Caregiver - Farsi, v.6/2018
- PSC Youth - English, v.10/2018
- PSC Youth - Spanish, v.6/2018
- PSC Youth - Tagalog, v.6/2018
- PSC Youth - Arabic, v.6/2018
- PSC Youth - Vietnamese, v.6/2018
- PSC Youth - Farsi, v.6/2018
San Diego Child and Adolescent Needs and Strengths - 50 (SD-CANS)
Quarterly Status Report
PESQ/Supplemental Forms - for Full Service Partnership (FSP) providers with dedicated Alcohol & Drug (AD) Counselors
Data Collection and Reporting (DCR) System
Full Service Partnership (FSP) providers have additional data reporting requirements through the State’s DCR system. Basic data entry training and frequently asked questions are available here: