Dr. Roesch, Professor and quantitative psychologist at San Diego State University, researches in the area of stress and coping and currently teaches graduate statistics courses. He is also a Methodological and Statistical Core Research Scientist at CASRC. His areas of expertise include latent variable modeling, meta-analysis, mixed-effects models, and general growth mixture modeling.
- Trait-state models of stress and coping
- Coping with physical illness
- Cultural, ethnic, and acculturation differences in stress and coping
- Cross-ethnic measurement equivalence
- Structural equation modeling
- Statistics (ANOVA/Regression and Multivariate Statistics)
- Research Methods
- Roth, A. M., Armenta, R. A., Wagner, K. D., Roesch, S. C., Bluthenthal, R. N., Cuevas-Mota, J., & Garfein, R. S. (2015). Patterns of drug use, risky behavior, and health status among persons who inject drugs living in San Diego, California: a latent class analysis. Substance Use & Misuse, 50(2), 205-214.
- Kolodziejczyk, J. K., Norman, G. J., Roesch, S. C., Rock, C. L., Arredondo, E. M., Madanat, H., & Patrick, K. (2015). Exploratory and Confirmatory Factor Analyses and Demographic Correlate Models of the Strategies for Weight Management Measure for Overweight or Obese Adults. American Journal of Health Promotion, 29(4), e147-e157.
- VanBuskirk, K., Roesch, S., Afari, N., & Wetherell, J. L. (2014). Physical Activity of Patients With Chronic Pain Receiving Acceptance and Commitment Therapy or Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. Behaviour Change, 31(2), 131-143.
- Worley, M. J., Trim, R. S., Tate, S. R., Roesch, S. C., Myers, M. G., & Brown, S. A. (2014). Self-efficacy and social networks after treatment for alcohol or drug dependence and major depression: Disentangling person and time-level effects. Psychology of Addictive Behaviors, 28(4), 1220.
- Carlo, G., Knight, G. P., Roesch, S. C., Opal, D., & Davis, A. (2014). Personality across cultures: A critical analysis of Big Five research and current directions. In F. L. Leong, L. Comas-Díaz, G. C. Nagayama Hall, V. C. McLoyd, J. E. Trimble (Eds.), APA handbook of multicultural psychology, Vol. 1: Theory and research (pp. 285-298). Washington, DC: American Psychological Association.
R01MH092950 (NIMH) Interagency Collaborative Teams to Scale-Up Evidence-Based Practice (Multiple PIs: Gregory Aarons & Michael Hurlburt; Consortium PI: Roesch)
2R01MH060195-06 (NIMH) Community Implementation of KEEP: Fidelity and Generalization of Parenting Effects
(PI: Joe Price; Co-PI and Statistician: Roesch)
R01MH094317 (NIMH) Effectiveness and Implementation of a Mental Health Intervention for ASD
(PI: Lauren Brookman-Frazee; Consortium PI: Roesch)