Colby Chlebowski Ph.D. is an Assistant Clinical Professor in the Department of Psychiatry at UC San Diego and a licensed clinical psychologist at the Autism Discovery Institute at Rady Children’s Hospital-San Diego. Dr. Chlebowski’s clinical expertise is in the identification and assessment of children at risk-for autism spectrum disorders, as well as intervention for children with autism spectrum disorders and co-occurring conditions, such as anxiety and disruptive behavior problems. Her current research interests include adapting evidence-based interventions for children with autism spectrum disorders served in community settings.
- Identification of children at risk-for autism spectrum disorders
- Interventions for children with autism spectrum disorders and co-occurring mental health conditions
- Adaptation of evidence-based interventions for children with autism spectrum disorders served in community settings
- Chlebowski, C., Robins, D., Barton, M., & Fein D. (2013). Large-Scale Use of the Modified Checklist for Autism in Low-Risk Toddlers. Pediatrics, 131(4), 1121-7.
- Chlebowski, C., Green, J., Barton, M., & Fein, D. (2010). Using the childhood autism rating scale to diagnose autism spectrum disorders. Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders, 40(7), 787-799.
- Mayo, J., Chlebowski, C., Eigsti, I., & Fein, D. (2012). Age of first words predicts cognitive ability and adaptive skills in children with ASD. Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders, 43(2), 253-264.
- Barton M., Chlebowski C., & Fein D. (2008). Screening for autism spectrum disorders in young children: A review. Seishinhoken Kenkyu (Journal of Mental Health), 54, 7-28.