Salary and Benefits
PGY 1 $60,719
PGY 2 $62,731
PGY 3 $65,196
PGY 4 $67,769
PGY 5 $70,543
- Additional stipends: $500/year educational, $5,800/year housing, $810 for initial licensing.
- Health, dental, vision insurance for resident and dependents at no cost.
- Disability and malpractice insurance provided by UCSD.
- 20 Days of paid vacation each year, with additional paid educational days.
- Leave for illness, family medical emergencies, maternity/paternity per UCSD Internal Medicine House Staff Manual upon Program Director's approval.
- Food allowance for meals while on call.
- White lab coats and laundry services.
- Access to the library resources of UCSD and the VA Medical Center onsite and via internet from offsite.
- Access to UCSD recreational facilities including large indoor and outdoor swimming pools and the SDSU/UCSD Mission Bay Aquatic Center.
For More Information
More detailed information regarding leave policy, professional liability insurance, health insurance, living quarters, on-call meals, uniform and uniform laundering, and visa requirements is provided in the UCSD Medical Center Terms and Conditions of Appointment on the Office of Graduate Medical Education web site.