Salary Scale 2019-2020
|Resident Physician 1||$4,912.50||$58,950|
|Resident Physician 2||$5,075.33||$60,904|
|Resident Physician 3||$5,274.75||$63,297|
|Resident Physician 4||$5,482.92||$65,795|
|Resident Physician 5||$5,707.33||$68,488|
Salary Scale 2020-2021 Coming Soon!
- Additional stipends: $500/year educational, $5,800/year housing, $810 for initial licensing
- Health, dental, vision insurance for fellow and dependents at no cost.
- Disability and malpractice insurance provided by UCSD
- 20 days of paid vacation each year, with additional paid educational days.
- Leave for illness, family medical emergencies, maternity/paternity per UCSD Internal Medicine House Staff Manual upon Program Director's approval.
- Food allowance for meals while on call
- White lab coats and laundry services
- Access to the library resources of UCSD via the internet from offsite.
- Access to UCSD recreational facilities including indoor and outdoor swimming pools and the SDSU/UCSD Mission Bay Aquatic Center
We financially support educational opportunities for residents in all four years including travel to in-state and national conferences, books or scholarly journal access, and professional development training. This funding is available to PGY1 -PGY4 residents and increases with seniority and for residents that are presenting at a conference.
Professional Liability Insurance
Community Psychiatry fellows are covered by professional liability insurance as “Trainees.” The University of California, San Diego is self‑insured, and this insurance coverage remains in force throughout the term of the Community Psychiatry Fellowship Training Program. Coverage is provided through the Regents of the University of California's PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL AND HOSPITAL LIABILITY PROGRAM Type of Coverage: Bodily Injury, Property Damage, and Personal Injury. Limits: $1,000,000 each occurrence and $3,000,000 aggregate.
“The California Tort Claims Act requires that the University provide defense and indemnification with respect to claims resulting from acts or omissions of University employees in the course and scope of University employment, except where the employee acted or failed to act because of actual fraud, corruption, or actual malice.”