To become the premier academic and community collaborative leader in mental health.
- Academic servant leaders in the community with active engagement
- Highest academic quality in clinical care delivery serving all members of the community
- The highest standard in a collaborative clinical training program in the community
- Innovative projects and scholarly activities to help evolve community standards of care
The University of California, San Diego Community Psychiatry Program embraces the
California Mental Health Services Act’s (MHSA) guiding principles,
San Diego County’s Behavioral Health Services’ (SDCBHS) principles, and
UCSD Department of Psychiatry’s core principals.
Mental Health Services Act (MHSA)
- Cultural Competence
- Community Collaboration
- Client, Consumer, and Family Involvement
- Integrated Services Delivery
- Wellness and Recovery
San Diego California Behavioral Health Services
- Live Well San Diego Vision
- Building Better Health
- Living Safely
- BHS promotes recovery and well-being through prevention, treatment, and intervention, as well as integrated services for clients experiencing both mental illness and alcohol or other drug issues
The University of California, San Diego Department of Psychiatry
To enhance mental wellness and better the lives of people with mental illness across the lifespan through basic, clinical, and translational research; by educating the next generation of scientists and clinicians; and by providing state of the art, evidence-based personalized and compassionate care, in partnership with our community.