Program Eligibility Requirements
Prior to appointment in the program, the fellow must have satisfactorily completed an ACGME-accredited program in psychiatry that qualifies them to sit for the ABPN Psychiatry Board.
Applicants must be a U.S. citizen, or possess the appropriate documentation to allow them to legally train at the University of California San Diego School of Medicine
Program Application Requirements
Applications for training in the Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry fellowship program must include:
- The Academy of Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry Common Application for Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry Fellowship form.
- Copy of medical school diploma and/or transcripts
- Documentation of post-graduate medical education completed elsewhere
- Copies of state medical license(s), DEA certificate, board certifications, when applicable
- Documentation of ECFMG certification, when applicable
- Curriculum Vitae
- Personal Statement
- Three professional letters of recommendation, one must be from the psychiatry training director documenting that the applicant meets the eligibility criterion (successful completion of program and good standing)
- Documentation of successful passing scores on USMLE parts 1, 2, and 3.
- Applicants must be eligible for medical licensure in the State of California
Clinical experience within the United States is preferred within the last 2 years. We look for applicants who have passed USMLE Steps 1, 2 and 3 on first attempts and with scores of 82 and above. International Medical School graduates are advised to contact the Medical Board of California to request licensure application material. Please refer to the “International Medical School Graduate Application Process” for further information.
All residents must be licensed in California prior to commencing the fellowship in Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry.
Early application is recommended. Interviews will be conducted in October and November and interview spots are limited.
If you have any questions, please email Kristin Beizai
or call (858) 642-6469
Please have all application materials sent to:
Kristin Beizai, M.D.
Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry Fellowship Training Director
University of California, San Diego/VASDHS
3350 La Jolla Village Drive
San Diego CA, 92161
For the July 2019 fellowship start date:
The UCSD Psychosomatic Medicine Program will be participating in the National Resident Matching Program® (NRMP®) through the Specialties Matching Service® (SMS®), as are most USA – ACGME approved Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry fellowship programs.
Check here for NRMP Match dates: http://www.nrmp.org/
National Resident Matching Program
2450 N Street NW
Washington, DC 20037‒1127
Ph: (202) 862‒6077