Admission Requirements/Application Procedure
UC San Diego selects five residents per year and participates in the National Resident Matching Program. We also consider up to a maximum of two residents per year (who know they wish to train at UCSD) for pre-match acceptance in the fellowship when they apply and complete the interview process prior to July 1 of the PGY-3 year in general psychiatry. UCSD offers both a traditional and
community track program in child and adolescent psychiatry with separate match numbers. Residents can rank either or both the traditional or community track separately on their match list. Residents can obtain a match application by contacting:
National Resident Matching Program
2450 N Street NW
Washington, DC 20037‒1127
Ph: (202) 862‒6077
We will accept applications through
Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) starting July 15th for the following year.
The deadline for completed applications is October 1st. Early application is recommended.
A completed ERAS application consists of:
• Completed ERAS Application with photo
• Curriculum Vitae/Resume
• Report of Performance during Residency (scanned and emailed directly from RTO to Sabina Perez at
• Program Director's Attestation Form for CAP Fellowship eligibility (located on ERAS website) submitted by general psychiatry Residency Training Director with verification of completion of 2 Clinical Skills Verifications during general psychiatry program (3 completed prior to fellowship)
• A narrative biographical sketch (Personal Statement) of less than 1000 words which includes pertinent personal background information and highlights why you have chosen the field of child and adolescent psychiatry.
• Dean’s Letter
• Medical School Transcript (International Medical Graduates must also include ECFMG Certificate and California Medical Board Status letter)
• USMLE Scores (I, II, III)
• Medical School Diploma (copy scanned and emailed to Sabina Perez at
• Three letters of recommendation (one of the letters must be from Training Director) submitted electronically using ERAS
For Questions contact:
Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
University of California, San Diego
3020 Children's Way, MC 5018
San Diego, CA 92123‒4426
Clinical experience within the United States is preferred within the last 2 years. We look for applicants who have passed USMLE Steps 1, 2 and 3 on first attempts. International Medical School graduates are advised to contact the Medical Board of California to request licensure application material. Please refer to the “International Medical School Graduate Application Process” for further information.
All residents must be licensed in California prior to commencing the residency in child and adolescent psychiatry.
Early application is recommended. Interviews will be conducted in September, October and November and interview spots are limited. Four Points by Sheraton San Diego at 8110 Aero Drive (858)277-8888 is located across the street from Rady Children's Outpatient Psychiatry and offers a Rady Children's Hospital rate and free shuttle to and from the airport. Additional hotels are located in Mission Valley.
All residents should contact the Medical Board of California to determine eligibility for licensure.
If you have any questions, please email Sabina Perez at
email@example.com or call (858) 966‒7759.