Compensation & Salary Scale for 2020-2021 Academic Year
|Resident Physician 1||$4,672||$60,719|
|Resident Physician 2||$4,824||$62,731|
|Resident Physician 3||$5,016 ||$65,196|
|Resident Physician 4||$5,213||$67,769|
|Resident Physician 5||$5,428||$70,543|
- Additional stipends: $500 per year for educational days, $5,800 per year for housing, $810 for initial licensing.
- Health insurance, dental, and vision for residents/fellows and their dependents at no additional cost.
- Disability and malpractice insurance provided by UCSD.
- 20 days of paid vacation each year, with additional paid educational days.
- Leave for illness, family medical emergencies, maternity/paternity per UCSD Internal Medicine House Staff Manual upon Program Director's approval.
- Food allowance for meals while on call.
- White lab coats and laundry services.
- Access to the library resources of UCSD and the VA Medical Center onsite through the
UCSD Virtual Private Network (VPN).
- Access to
UCSD recreational facilities including large indoor and outdoor swimming pools, the SDSU/UCSD
Mission Bay Aquatic Center.
We financially support educational opportunities for residents in all four years including travel to in-state and national conferences, books or scholarly journal access, and professional development training. This funding is available to PGY1 -PGY4 residents and increases with seniority and for residents that are presenting at a conference.
Professional Liability Insurance
Community Psychiatry Fellows are covered by professional liability insurance as “trainees.” The University of California, San Diego is self‑insured, and this insurance coverage remains in force throughout the term of the Community Psychiatry Fellowship Training Program. Coverage is provided through the Regents of the University of California's Professional Medical and Hospital Liability Program