To become the premiere academic and community collaborative leader in mental health.
- Academic servant leaders in the community with active engagement
- Highest academic quality in clinical care delivery serving all members of the community
- The highest standard in collaborative clinical training program in the community
- Innovative projects and scholarly activities to help evolve community standards of care
UCSD CPP embraces the California Mental Health Services Act’s (MHSA) guiding principles, San Diego County’s Behavioral Health Services’ (SDCBHS) principles, and UCSD Department of Psychiatry’s core principles.
- Cultural Competence
- Community Collaboration
- Client, Consumer, and Family Involvement
- Integrated Services Delivery
- Wellness and Recovery
- Live Well San Diego Vision
- Building Better Health
- Living Safely
- BHS promotes recovery and well-being through prevention, treatment, and intervention, as well as integrated services for clients experiencing both mental illness and alcohol or other drug issues
To enhance mental wellness and better the lives of people with mental illness across the lifespan through basic, clinical, and translational research; by educating the next generation of scientists and clinicians; and by providing state of the art, evidence based personalized and compassionate care, in partnership with our community.