December, 2015: Poster presentation: 2015 American Society of Cell Biology (ASCB) Annual Meeting, San Diego, CA.
MBL-HIV1 gp120 immunoreactivity is associated with MAP2 somatodendritic damage, synaptic loss and complement activation in neuronal cells, gp120 transgenic mouse model and HIV infected brain.
Feb 23-26, 2015: XXIIConference for Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections (CROI), Seattle, WA:Singh lab presented following three posters at CROI:
1. KIR/HLA Alleles Alter CD4+ Lymphocyte Count and Viral Load in HIV Infected Children. Singh KK, Qin M, Brummel S, Farhad M, Angelidou K, Trout RN, FentonT, Spector SA.
2. MBL-HIV1gp120 Immunoreactivity is Associated with Markers of Neuronal Injury. Teodorof C, Nguyen D, Kadakia N, Maung R, Soontornniyomkij B, AchimC, Moore D, Masliah E, Kaul M, and Singh KK.
3. Synergistic Effects of MBL2/APP Polymorphisms on Neurocognitive Impairment in CHARTER. Singh KK, Deng Q, Fennema-Notestine C, Vaida F, Ellis RJ, Letendre SL, Franklin D, Rosario D, Heaton RD, Grant I, and CHARTER Group.
Nov, 2014: Carmen Teodorof awarded the Young Investigator Award from IAS-USA to attend Conference for Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections (CROI) at Seattle, WA.
August, 2014: Dong Tran defended his Master’s thesis
May, 2014: Carmen’s manuscript on the role of MBL in subcellular transport and trafficking of viral gp120 protein is published in ‘Neurobiology of Disease’
April 2014: Singh lab awarded the NIAID/NIMH R03 grant to integrate diverse HIV-associated data and forpredicting the risk and progression of HIV associated neurocognitive disorders.
March 3-6, 2014: XXIConference for Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections (CROI), Boston, MA:Singh lab presented poster entitled, “MBL2 Promoter Polymorphism rs7096206 Predicts Brain Metabolite Anomalies in HIV-Infected Individuals” by Singh KK, Deng Q, Fennema-Notestine C, Vaida F, Ellis RJ, Letendre SL, Franklin D, Rosario D, Heaton RD, Grant I, and CHARTER Group.
April 1, 2013, UCSD: Jimin Lee and Brent Geffen defended their Masters’ theses
March 3-6, 2013: XXConference for Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections (CROI) Atlanta, GA: Singh lab presented following two posters:
1. Novel MBL-beta Amyloid Interactions in HIV-1 Infected Brain: Implications for HIV Related Aging and Alzheimer’s Disease Tran D, Teodorof C, Kumar N, Adame A, Gouaux B, Moore D, Dumaop W, Michael S, Masliah E, Singh KK, and HIV Neurobehavioral Research Program.
2. A loss of function polymorphism in complement factor H predicts HIV-1 related neurocognitive impairment and neuroimaging abnormalities. Singh KK, Vaida F, Fennema-Notestine C, Ellis RJ, Letendre SL, Franklin D, Rosario D, Heaton RD, Grant I, and CHARTER Group.
November, 2012, UCSD: Masters’ student Dong Tran awarded the ‘Young Investigator Award’ from CROI 2013 to attend and present his Masters’ project work
August 1st, 2012, UCSD: Master’s student Puneet Rana defended his Masters’ thesis
July 2012- Current, UCSD: Singh Lab Awarded Collaborative Research Contact (CRC) from Life Technologies, Carlsbad, CA to work on complement activation based autoimmunity biomarkers in HIV-1 neuropathogenesis and multiple sclerosis
- NIH/NIMH R01, 04/01/09-12/31/13Mannose Binding Lectin in Neuroinflammation and NeuroAIDS Role: Principal-Investigator
- California HIV/AIDS Research Program (CHRP), Innovative Developmental Exploratory Award (IDEA) 09/01/07-08/31/09.
Role of MBL in HIV-related Neuroinflammation and CNS Impairment
- NIH/Social Scientific Systems, (PI: Spector, Stephen) 07/01/2006 – 05/31/2013
International Maternal Pediatric Adolescent AIDS Clinical Trials(IMPAACT) Network Immunology Specialty Lab
- NIH/Social & Scientific Systems, (PI: Spector, Stephen)10/01/2006 – 05/31/2013
International Maternal Pediatric Adolescent AIDS Clinical Trials(IMPAACT) Network DNA Repository Lab
- NIH/NIMH (PI: Robert Heaton) (05/13/05-04/30/10)
Neurobehavioral Effects of HIV & Host Genetics in China