1. Singh KK, Nahar P. An improved method for the synthesis of N-phenoxyacetylribo-nucleosides.
Communications. 12:1997-2002, 1995.
2. Singh, KK, Schluff P, Lehnert L, Krupp G. Design of hammerhead ribozymes to distinguish single base changes in substrate RNA.
Antisense Nucleic Acid Drug Dev 6:165-168, 1996.
3. Singh KK, Ghosh S. Restriction in the cleavage activity of hammerhead ribozymes ensures evolution in the prebiotic RNA world. J Biosci 23:43-45, 1998.
4. KlapperW, KühneW,
Singh KK, Heidorn K, Parwaresch R, Krupp G. Longevity of lobsters is linked to ubiquitous telomerase expression.
FEBS Lett 439:143-146, 1998.
Singh KK, Heidorn K, Parwaresch R, Krupp G. Regulation of telomerase activity in quiescent immortalized human cells.
BBA 1442:12 1998.
6. Singh KK, Parwaresch R, Krupp G. Rapid kinetic characterization of hammerhead ribozymes by real-time monitoring of fluorescence resonance energy transfer (FRET).
RNA 5:1348-1356, 1999.
7. Singh KK, Rücker T, Hanne A, Parwaresch R, Krupp G. Fluorescence polarization for monitoring ribozyme reactions in real time.
BioTechniques 29:344-351, 2000.
8. Singh KK, Rücker T, Rörig C, Hanne A, Klapper W, Paulsen H, Parwaresch R, Krupp G. Application of florescence for RNA studies. Ribozymes Biology & Biotechnology. Eaton Publishing, MA, 373-399, 2000.
9. Singh KK, Parwaresch R, Krupp G. Real time kinetics of ribozyme reactions Ribozymes Biology and Biotechnology. Eaton Publishing, Cambridge, MA, 351-371, 2000.
10. Singh KK, Barroga CF, Hughes MD, Chen J, Raskino C, McKinney Jr RE, Spector SA. Genetic influence of CCR5, CCR2, and SDF1 variants on human immunodeficiency virus 1 (HIV-1)-related disease progression and neurological impairment, in children with symptomatic HIV-1 infection.
J Infect Dis 188:1461-1472, 2003.
11. Singh KK, Hughes MD, Chen J, Spector SA. Lack of protective effects of interleukin-4 −589-C/T polymorphism against HIV-1−related disease progression and central nervous system impairment, in children.
J Infect Dis 189:587-592, 2004.
12. Singh KK, Barroga CF, Hughes MD, Chen J, Raskino C, McKinney Jr RE, Spector SA. Prevalence of chemokine and chemokine receptor polymorphisms in seroprevalent children with symptomatic HIV-1 infection in the United States.
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 35:309-313, 2004.
13. Singh KK, Hanne A, Krupp G. Real-time monitoring of RNA and DNA reactions by fluorescence detection. Methods Mol Biol 252:33-48, 2004.
14. Singh KK, Ellis RJ, Marquie-Beck J, Letendre S, Heaton RK, Grant I, Spector SA. CCR2 polymorphisms affect neuropsychological impairment in HIV-1 Infected adults.
J Neuroimmunol 157:185-192, 2004.
15. Letendre S, Marquie-Beck J,
Singh KK, de Almeida S, Zimmerman J, Spector SA, Grant I, Ellis R and the HNRC Group. The monocyte chemotactic Protein -1 -2578 G allele is associated with elevated MCP-1 concentrations in cerebrospinal.
J Neuroimmunol 157:193-196, 2004.
16. Saitoh A,
SinghKK (Co-first author), Powell CA, Fenton T, FletcherCV, BrundageR, Starr S, Spector SA. A polymorphism in
MDR1-3435 is associated with a higher plasma nelfinavir levels and more rapid virologic response in HIV-1 infected children.
AIDS, 19 (4) 371-380, 2005.
17. Singh KK, Hughes MD, Chen J, Spector SA. Genetic Polymorphisms in
CX3CR1 Predict HIV-1 Disease
Progression in Children Independent of CD4+ Lymphocytes and Viral Load.
J Infect Dis, 191, 1971-1980, 2005.
18. Singh KK, Hughes MD, Chen J, Spector SA. Impact of MCP-1-2518-G allele on the HIV-1 disease of children in the U.S.
AIDS, 20, 475-478, 2006.
19. Saitoh A,
SinghKK (Co-first author), Sharsti Sandall, Powell CA, Fenton T, Fletcher CV, BrundageR, Starr S, Spector SA. Association of CD4+ T-lymphocyte counts and new thymic emigrants in HIV-infected children during successful highly active antiretroviral therapy.
J Allergy & Clin Immunol,117:909,2006,
20. Arnold JC,
Singh KK, Spector SA, Sawyer MH. Human Bocavirus: Prevalence and Clinical Spectrum at a Children's Hospital. Clin Infect Dis, 43(3):283-8, 2006.
21. Campbell GR,Watkins JD,
Singh KK, Loret EP, Spector SA. Human immunodeficiency virus type 1 subtype C Tat fails to induce intracellular calcium flux and induces reduced tumor necrosis factor production from monocytes.
J Virol. 81:5919-28. 2007.
Singh KK, SA Spector. Fidelity of whole-genome amplification of blood spot DNA for HLA typing and SNP analyses. Clin Gen 72:156-159. 2007.
Singh KK. Function and polymorphisms of anti-HIV host factors: evidence from exposed uninfected individuals.
Future HIV Therapy 2(2). 2008. REVIEW
24. Arnold JC,
Singh KK, Spector SA, Sawyer MH. Undiagnosed Respiratory Viruses in Children. Pediatrics;121:e631-7. 2008. RESEARCH ARTICLE
25. SinghKK, Lieser A, Ruan P, Fenton T, Spector SA. An Age Dependent Association of
Mannose Binding Lectin 2 Genetic Variants on HIV-1-Related Disease in Children.
J Allergy & Clin Immunol, 2008;122:173-80.
26. Singh KK, Hughes M, Chen J, Phiri K, Rousseau C, Kuhn L, Coutsoudis A, Jackson JB, Guay LA, Musoke P, Mmiro F, SembaRD, Spector SA. Associations of Chemokine Receptor Polymorphisms on HIV-1 Mother-to Child-Transmission in Sub-Saharan Africa: Possible Modulation of Genetic Effects by Antiretrovirals.
JAIDS, 2008;49(3):259-65. RESEARCH ARTICLE
27. Singh KK, Spector SA. Host Genetic Determinants of HIV Infection and Disease Progression in Children.
Pediatr Res 2009;65(5 Part 2):55R-63R.
28. Arnold JC,
Singh KK, Milder E, Spector SA, Sawyer MH, Gavali S, Hacker J, Glaser C. Human Metapneumovirus: A Cause of Central Nervous System Infection in Children. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2009
29. Saitoh A, Capparelli E, Aweeka F, Sarles E,
Singh KK, Kovacs A, Burchett SK,Wiznia A, Nachman S, Fenton T,Spector SA. CYP2C19 Genetic Variants Affect Nelfinavir Pharmacokinetics and Virologic Response in HIV-1 Infected Children Receiving HAART. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2010 Jul 1;54(3):285-9.
30. Spector SA,
Singh KK, Gupta S, Cystique LA, Jin H, Letendre SL, Schrier R, Riggs P,Wu Z, Hong KX, Yu X, Shi C, Heaton RK and the HNRC Group. APOE ε4 and MBL-2 O/O Genotypes are Associated with Neurocognitive Impairment in HIV-Infected Plasma Donors from Anhui Province, China. AIDS. 2010 Jun 31. Singh KK, Gray PK, Wang Y, Fenton T, Trout R, Spector SA.HLA Alleles are Associated with Altered Risk for Disease Progression and Central Nervous System Impairment of HIV-Infected Children.
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 2011;57:32–39.
32. Singh KK, Nathamu S, Adame A, Alire TU, DumaopW, Gouaux B, Moore DJ, Masliah E, and HNRC Group. Expression of mannose binding lectin in HIV-1-infected brain: implications for HIV-related neuronal damage and neuroAIDS.
Neurobehavioral HIV Medicine 2011, 3 (1), 41-52.
33. Kwok JY, Vaida F, Augst R, Yu DY,
Singh KK. Mannose binding lectin mediated complement pathway in multiple sclerosis.
J of Neuroinflammation, 2011, 239, 98–100.
34. Schrier RD, Gupta S, Riggs P, Cysique LA, Letendre S, Jin H, Spector SA,
Singh KK, Wolfson T, Wu Z, Hong KX, Yu X, Shi C, Heaton RK; the HNRC Group. The Influence of HLA on HIV-Associated Neurocognitive Impairment in Anhui, China.
PLoS One. 2012;7(5):e32303.
35. Kwok JY, Augst R, Yu DY,
Singh KK. Sensitive CSF ELISAs for the detection of MBL, MASP-2 and functional MBL/MASP-2.
J Neurosci Methods. 2012 Jun 21;209(1):255-257.
36. Singh KK, Wang Y, Gray PK, Farhad M, Brummel S, Fenton T, Trout R, Spector SA Genetic Variants in the Host Restriction Factor are Associated with HIV-1 Related Disease Progression and Central Nervous System Impairment in Children. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2013 Feb 1;62(2):197-203
37. Spector SA, Qin M, Lujan-Zilbermann J,
KK,Warshaw MG, Williams PL, Jean-Philippe P, Fenton T, and Siberry GK, for the IMPAACT P1065 Protocol Team. Genetic Variants in TLR -2, -4 and -9 and FCγRII are Associated with Antibody Response to Quadrivalent Meningococcal Conjugate Vaccine in HIV-Infected Youth. Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2013 Jun;20(6):900-6.
38. Moodley A, QinM,
Singh KK, Spector SA. Vitamin D Related Host Genetic Variants alter HIV Disease Progression in Children. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2013 Jun 3.
39. Qin M, Brummel S,
Singh KK, Fenton T, Spector SA. Associations of Host Genetic Variants on CD4 Lymphocyte Count and Plasma HIV-1 RNA in Antiretroviral Naïve Children. Accepted in Disease Journal (2014)
40. Teodorof C, Divakar S, Soontornniyomkij B, Achim CL, Kaul M,
Singh KK. Intracellular mannose binding lectin mediates subcellular trafficking of HIV-1 gp120 in neurons.
Neurobiol Dis. 2014 May 11;69C:54-64.
Alex K Bryant ·
Pariya L Fazeli ·
Scott Letendre ·
Ronald Ellis ·
Michael Potter ·
Tricia Burdo ·
Kumud K. Singh ·
Dilip V Jeste ·
Igor Grant ·
David J Moore. Complement component 3 is associated with metabolic comorbidities in older HIV-positive adults.
AIDS research and human retroviruses. October 2015.
Sean S Brummel ·
Kumud K Singh ·
Adam X. Maihofer ·
Mona Farhad ·
Min Qin ·
Terry Fenton ·
Caroline M. Nievergelt ·
Stephen A. Spector. Associations of Genetically Determined Continental Ancestry with CD4+ Count and Plasma HIV-1 RNA beyond Self-Reported Race and Ethnicity. Accepted in
Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndromes , Nov 2015.