Wei Wu, Ph.D.
Wei generates human brain organoid to study the impact of many risk factors (genetic and environmental) in fetal brain development. Wei uses immunostaining, electrophysiological and molecular approaches to characterize the structure and function of brain organoids.
Figure: Combining patch-clamp recordings and immunocytochemistry to define a glutamatergic neuron in brain organoid.
- Negraes PD, Trujillo CA, Yu NK, Wu W, Yao H, Liang N, Lautz JD, Kwok E, McClatchy D, Diedrich J, Bartolome SM, Truong J, Szeto R, Tran T, Herai RH, Smith SE, Haddad GG, Yates JR, Muotri AR. Altered network and rescue of human neurons derived from individuals with early-onset genetic epilepsy. Mol Psychiatry. 2021 Nov;26(11):7047-7068
- Wu W, Yao H, Dwivedi I, Negraes PD, Zhao HW, Wang J, Trujillo CA, Muotri AR, Haddad GG. Methadone Suppresses Neuronal Function and Maturation in Human Cortical Organoids. Front Neurosci. 2020 Nov 23.
- Yao H, Wu W, Cerf I, Zhao HW, Wang J, Negraes PD, Muotri AR, Haddad GG. Methadone interrupts neural growth and function in human cortical organoids. Stem Cell Res. 2020 Dec.
- Trujillo CA, Gao R, Negraes PD, Gu J, Buchanan J, Preissl S, Wang A, Wu W, Haddad GG, Voytek B, Muotri AR. Complex Oscillatory Waves Emerging from Cortical Organoids Model Early Human Brain Network Development. Cell Stem Cell. 2019 Oct 3.
- Wu W, Yao H, Zhao HW, Wang J, Haddad GG. Dow-regulation of inwardly rectifying K+ currents in astrocytes derived from patients with Monge's disease. Neuroscience. 2018 Mar 15;374:70-79.
- Xiao GS, Zhang YH, Wu W, Sun HY, Wang Y, Li GR. Genistein and tyrphostin AG556 decrease human atrial ultra-rapidly activating delayed rectifier potassium current by inhibiting EGFR tyrosine kinase. British Journal of Pharmacology. 2017 Jan 10.
- Wu W, Sachse FB, Gardner A, Sanguinetti MC. Ginsenoside Rg3, a gating modifier of EAG family K+ channels. Molecular Pharmacology. 2016 Oct; 90(40).
- Wu W, Sanguinetti MC. Molecular Basis of Cardiac Delayed Rectifier K+ Channel
- Function and Pharmacology. Cardiac Electrophysiology Clinics. 2016 Jun;8(2):275-84.
- Wu W, Gardner A, Sanguinetti MC. The link between inactivation and high affinity block of hERG1 channels. Molecular Pharmacology. 2015 Jun; 87 (6)
- Wu W, Gardner A, Sanguinetti MC. Subunit stoichiometry associated with altered channel gating induced by hERG1 agonist RPR-260243. Molecular Pharmacology. 2015 Mar; 87 (3)
- Wu W, Sachse FB, Sanguinetti MC. Cooperative subunit interactions mediate fast C-type inactivation of hERG1 K+ channels. The Journal of Physiology. 2014 Oct 15;592
- Wu W, Sachse FB, Gardner A, Sanguinetti MC. Stoichiometry of altered hERG1 channel gating by small molecule activators. Journal of General Physiology. 2014 Apr 143(4)
- Wu W, Wang Y, Deng XL, Sun HY, Li GR. Cholesterol down-regulates BK channels stably expressed in HEK 293 cells. PLoS One. 2013 Nov 18;8(11)
- Wu HJ, Sun HY, Wu W, Zhang YH, Qin GW, Li GR. Properties and molecular determinants of the natural flavone acacetin for blocking hKv4.3 channels. PLoS One. 2013;8(3)
- Wu W, Sun HY, Deng XL, Li GR. EGFR Tyrosine kinase regulates small conductance Ca2+-activated K+ (hSKCa1) channels expressed in HEK 293 cells. Biochemical Journal. 2013 Mar 18
- Xu XH, Sun HY, Zhang YH, Wu W, Chen KH, Liu Y, Deng CY, Yu XY, Jin MW, Li GR. Allitridi inhibits multiple cardiac potassium channels expressed in HEK 293 cells. PLoS One. 2012;7(12)
- Zhang YH, Wu W, Sun HY, Deng XL, Cheng LC, Li X, Tse HF, Lau CP, Li GR. Modulation of human cardiac transient outward potassium current by EGFR tyrosine kinase and Src-family kinases. Cardiovascular Research. 2012 Mar 1;93(3):424-33
- Wu W, Dong MQ, Wu XG, Sun HY, Tse HF, Lau CP, Li GR. Human ether-à-go-go gene potassium channels are regulated by EGFR tyrosine kinase. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - Molecular and Cell Biology. 2012 Feb;1823(2):282-9
- Wu HJ, Wu W, Sun HY, Qin GW, Wang HB, Wang P, Yalamanchili HK, Wang J, Tse HF, Lau CP, Vanhoutte PM, Li GR. Acacetin causes a frequency- and use-dependent blockade of hKv1.5 channels by binding to the S6 domain. Journal of Molecular and Cellular Cardiology. 2011 Dec;51(6):966-73
- He ML, Liu WJ, Sun HY, Wu W, Liu J, Tse HF, Lau CP, Li GR. Effects of ion channels on proliferation in cultured human cardiac fibroblasts. Journal of Molecular and Cellular Cardiology. 2011 Aug;51(2):198-206
- Zhang DY, Wu W, Deng XL, Lau CP, Li GR. Genistein and tyrphostin AG556 inhibit inwardly-rectifying Kir2.1 channels expressed in HEK 293 cells via protein tyrosine kinase inhibition. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - Biomembranes. 2011 Aug; 1808(8):1993-9
Show additional content areas below