Biomedical Research Facility (BRF2), Room 2A03
2nd Thursdays, 11:45 am - 1:00 pm
Hosted by Ben Crocker, PhD and Lars Bode, PhD
Lunch will be provided
The goals of the series are to provide a platform for trainees to present their work-in-progress, receive feedback from their peers and faculty, and develop interactions and camaraderie between different groups that lead to new multidisciplinary research avenues.
For questions, please contact Dr. Lars Bode, firstname.lastname@example.org.
2019-2020 Academic Year
|THURSDAY, OCTOBER 10, 2019|
- "Depression during pregnancy and the gut microbiome"
Beatriz Penalver (Gilbert Lab)
- "Use of single cell approaches to delineate neutrophil heterogeneity"
PeiPei Zhu (Hendrick Lab)
|THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 14, 2019|
- "TNFSF14/LIGHT as a driver of pathogenic fibroblasts in eosinophilic esophagitis"
Mario Manresa (Aceves Lab)
- "B cells process and present peptides of the heavy constant region of the immunoglobulin to thymic-derived human regulatory T cells"
Li-En Hisieh (Franco Lab)
|THURSDAY, JANUARY 9, 2020|
- "Microbiomes of the Built Environment: From Homes to Hospitals"
Megan Thoemmes (Gilbert Lab)
- "Loss of the Antimicrobial Peptide Cathelicidin Protects Against Systemic Candida Infection"
Allison Coady (Nizet Lab)
|THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 13, 2020|
- "Activation of Basal Stem Cell Differentiation by a Mitochondria Protease in the Conducting Airway"
Le Xu (Sun Lab)
- "Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell Derived Lung Organoids to Study Human Lung Development and Disease"
Sandra Leibel (Assistant Professor)
|THURSDAY, MARCH 12, 2020|
- "Expression of CDX2 in Normal Human Colon"
Soni Khandelwa (Sahoo Lab)
- "Tracking Microbial Communities across Human Development in Response to Disturbance and Restoration"
Cameron Martino (Knight Lab)
|THURSDAY, APRIL 9, 2020|
- Speaker 1 TBD
- Speaker 2 TBD
|THURSDAY, MAY 14, 2020|
- Speaker 1 (Feldstein Lab)
- Speaker 2 TBD
|THURSDAY, JUNE 11, 2020|
- Speaker 1 (Feldstein Lab)
- Joseph Rainaldi (Cherqui Lab)
2018-2019 Academic Year
|THURSDAY, JUNE 20, 2019|
- "PfMFR3: A Novel Drug Resistance Transporter in the Human Malaria Parasite"
Frances Rocamora (Winzeler Lab)
- "Dynamics of FOXA Transcription Factors in Pancreas Development"
Ryan Geusz (Sander Lab)
|THURSDAY, MAY 16, 2019|
- "Avibactam Sensitizes Carbapenem-Resistant NDM-1 Producing Klebsiella Pneumoniae to Innate Immune Clearance"
Chulie Ulloa (Nizet Lab)
- "Selective Inhibitors of M6-RNA Demthylases for the Treatment of Glioblastoma"
Sarah Huff (Rana Lab)
|THURSDAY, APRIL 18, 2019|
No Seminar Scheculed.
|THURSDAY, MARCH 14, 2019|
- "Innate Immunity to Streptococcal Infection"
Jacqueline Kimmey (Nizet Lab)
- "Genome-wide analysis identifies pairs of cis-acting IncRNAs and protein-coding genes involved in innate immunity"
Qiong Zhang (Rana Lab)
|THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 14, 2019|
- "Population Differences and the Human Microbiome"
Daniel McDonald (Knight Lab)
- "Gene-corrected Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation as Potential Treatment for the Neurodegenerative Disorder Freidreich's Ataxia"
Celine Rocca (Cherqui Lab)
|THURSDAY, JANUARY 17, 2019|
- "Control of Lung Maturation"
Rongbo Li (Sun Lab)
- "Regulation of Pancreas Differentiation by Long Noncoding RNAs"
Bjoern Gaertner (Sander Lab)
|THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 15, 2018|
- "Targeting DNA Repair Genes to Generate Genomically Stable CHO Cell Lines"
Phillip Spahn (Lewis Lab)
- "Pathogen Evasion for Intracellular Complement in Macrophages Enables Systemic Colonization and Bacteremia"
Maria Valerie (Raffatellu Lab)
|THURSDAY, OCTOBER 18, 2018|
- "Pulmonary Neuroendocrine Cells are Essential for Asthma Responses"
Pengfei Sui (Sun Lab)
- "Inflammasome Activation by the Parasite Trichomonas Vaginalis"
Angelica Riestra (Nizet Lab)
2017-2018 Academic Year
|THURSDAY, JUNE 21, 2018|
- "Boolean applications in identifying CDX2 as a prognostic biomaker in advanced stage Colon Cancer"
Jaspreet Kaur (Sahoo Lab)
- "Mapping Human & Mouse Lung Cell Populations from Single-Cell Chromatin Accessibility Landscapes"
T. Elizabeth Duong (Haggod Lab)
|THURSDAY, MAY 17, 2018|
- "Dissociation between working and episodic memory performance in children with overweight and obesity"
Sara Appleton-Knapp (Boutelle Lab)
- "New Insights into the Genetic Basis of Monge's Disease and Adaptation to High-Altitude"
Tsering Stobdan (Haddad Lab)
|THURSDAY, APRIL 19, 2018|
- "Old drugs, new synergy: Utilizing novel antibiotic combinations to combas MDR Acinetobacter baumannii infections"
Nicholas (Nick) Dillon (Nizet Lab)
- "Genetic mechanisms of human adaptation at high altitude: An experiment in nature"
Priti Azad (Haddad Lab)
|THURSDAY, MARCH 15, 2018|
- "Cellular response in elimination of the Warburg effect in Chinese hamster ovary cells"
Hooman Hefzi (Lewis Lab)
- "Delivery Highways for Stem Cell Treatment of Cystinosis: Tunneling Nanotube-Mediated Lysosomal Trafficking"
Spencer Goodman (Cherqui Lab)
|THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 15, 2018|
- "Group A streptococcal M protein activates IL-1 signaling and cell death in host macrophages"
Andres Valderrama (Nizet Lab)
- "Human Milk Oligosaccharides, Infant Health and Maternal Blood Group"
Benjamin (Ben) Kellman (Lewis Lab)
|THURSDAY, JANUARY 18, 2018|
- "Setd5 loss of function impairs neuronal connectivity in an animal model of autism"
Spencer Moore (Muotri Lab)
- "Regulation of the nucleoid structure and its impact on the expression of virulence genes in Group A Streptococcus pyogenes"
Mahmoud (Max) Al-Bassam (Zengler Lab)
|THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 16, 2017|
- "The Relationship Between Child and Paren Executive Function to Weight Loss and Weight Maintenance"
Dawn Eichen (Boutelle Lab)
- "Spontaneous resolution of liver fibrosis: a still uncovered enigma orchestrated by tissue neutrophils"
Carolina Jimenez Calvente (Feldstein Lab)
|THURSDAY, OCTOBER 19, 2017|
- "New interaction between galectin-3 and cystinosin reveals a role of inflammation in kidney pathogenesis in cystinosis"
Tatiana Lobry (Cherqui Lab)
- "Rethinking medication exposures: longitudinal trajectories of antidepressants in pregnancy"
Gretchen Bandoli (Chambers Lab)
2016-2017 Academic Year
|THURSDAY, JUNE 15, 2017|
- "Drug Target Identification using Directed Evolution in Plasmodium and Yeast"
Gregory LaMonte (Winzeler Lab)
- "Impact of Urbanization on Human and Environmental Microbiome and Metabolome"
Chris Callewaert (Knight Lab)
|THURSDAY, MAY 18, 2017|
- "Therapeutic Potential of Human Milk Components in the context of Chronic Inflammation"
Chloe Autran (Bode Lab)
- "Zika Virus Depletes Neural Progenitor Population through TLR3 Activation in Human Cerebral Organoid Models"
Jason Dang (Rana Lab)
|THURSDAY, APRIL 20, 2017|
- "The American Gut Project: A Citizen Science Platform for Human Microbiome Research"
Embriette Hyde (Knight Lab)
- "Vascular remodeling during development and disease in the zebrafish retina"
Daniel Chao (lmam Lab)
|THURSDAY, MARCH 30, 2017|
- "Drug screening platform for neuroinflammation"
Isabella Fernandez (Moutri Lab)
- "Reduced protein translation is neuroprotective in multiple Parkinson's disease models"
Somasish Dastidar (LaSpada Lab)
|THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 16, 2017|
- "Pseudotemporal ordering of single cells reveals metabolic control of postnatal beta-cell proliferation"
Chun Zeng & Francesca Mulas (Sander Lab)
- "Intermittent Hypoxia and Hypercapnia Accelerate Atherosclerosis, Partially via Trimethylamine-Oxide"
Jin Xue (Haddad Lab)
|THURSDAY, JANUARY 19, 2017|
- "Skin 'omics' - towards a holistic understanding of interactions in Atopic Dermatatis"
Livia Zaramela (Zengler Lab)
- "Thy1 mediates human mesenchymal stem cells derived extracellular vesicle uptake"
Shentu Tsu-Pin (Hagood Lab)
|THURSDAY, DECEMBER 1, 2016|
- "Effect of Early Immune Activation on Developing Macrophages"
- "IL-1beta: An immune sentinel of destructive proteolysis"
Jin Xue (Nizet Lab)
|THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 3, 2016|
- "RNA methylation During Viral Infections"
- "Significant Role for TNF in Inflammasomopathies"
Matt McGeough (Hoffman Lab)