A randomized trial of therapeutic hypothermia during transport. (Drs. Honold, Wang, Evans, Suttner, Lane, O’Donnell, Kimball, and Speziale)
• Randomized multi-center clinical trial To compare temperature profiles during neonatal transport between device-regulated cooling and standard practice in newborns with HIE
Efficacy of Intravenous Levetiracetam in Neonatal Seizures. A Phase 2 Study of Levetiracetam in the Treatment of Neonatal Seizures (Drs. Honold and Lane).
• Multicenter randomized A head to head blinded comparison of phenobarbital vs. levetiracetam in the control of neonatal seizures.
Impact of Music on Physiological Measures of Stress in Neonates in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. (Drs. Knight, Speziale, and Suttner).
• Pilot study designed to test the logistics of the musical exposure protocol and to gain the preliminary data needed to estimate the required sample size to measure an effect in salivary cortisol levels.
A Randomized, Placebo Controlled, Multi-Center Study of the Efficacy, Pharmacokinetics (PK) and Pharmacodynamics (PD) of Intravenous (IV) Acetaminophen for the Treatment of Acute Pain in Pediatric Patients. (Drs. Kimball, Evans, Suttner, Lane, and Speziale)
• To demonstrate the efficacy of IV acetaminophen plus standard of care rescue opioids for the relief of moderate to severe acute pain in neonates.
Retrospective Chart Review of Blood Culture Negative Sepsis in Neonates Greater than 37 Weeks Gestational Age. (Drs. O’Donnell and Wang).
• To determine if a subgroup of patients with a diagnosis of blood culture negative neonatal sepsis can be safely treated with a 7-day course of antibiotics versus the current recommendation for a 10-day course of antibiotics.
Inhaled Nitric Oxide for the Prevention of Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia (BPD) in Preterm Infants Requiring Mechanical Ventilation or Positive Support on Days 5-14 after Birth. (Drs. Kimball, Knight, Suttner, and Speziale).
• A multi-center, double blind, placebo-controlled, randomized clinical trial to evaluate efficacy, safety and the pharmacoeconomic impacts of inhaled nitric oxide in preterm infants.
Adult Outcomes Following Neonatal Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation. (Dr. Suttner).
• Survey of adult survivors of neonatal ECMO. Describe and compare the adult outcomes of neonatal ECMO survivors for age groups 18 – 24 versus 25 – 31+years.